JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I brought my new Steyr M40-a1 to the range today for the first time. The sights were one of the first exceptional things I noticed about the gun; they kinda make a pyramid when lined up. I'm wondering why I haven't seen these kind of sights before since they're so easy and quick to line up. You might be thinking "so are three dots" but this is a different kind of easy, maybe even an easier easy so to say. The ergonomics of the gun are awesome; it fits near perfectly in my hand and more importantly it feels just right, which is a very subjective thing, but whatever, it's my review. The next thing I noticed was the trigger pull. It's listed as 5.5 lbs, but this has got to be the shortest and most brisk double action I've ever encountered. It's almost hard to believe it's double action! It's much more of a squeeze than it is a pull. Brought 200 rounds of Winchester white with me to start breakin' it in and I'm happy to report not a single problem. And last but certainly not least, the accuracy. I'll say it seemed very accurate as I was just tearin' it up at the 7 to 20 yard range. As with near anything I suspect, the more time I spend with this gun the better I'll get with it. For the first time firing it though, I'm really impressed. Times like this I wish I had two more hands so I could give this gun four thumbs up! Oh wait, here we go...:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

Bells and whistles include: 12 round mags, one-in-the-chamber indicator on back of the gun, trigger safety and lockable safety, universal picatinny rail under the barrel, fully supported chamber, low bore axis and it breaks down very easy, which makes cleaning it a no-brainer. Speakin' of which, I need to give this thing a good once-over.

I'm itchin' to try PlayboyPenguin's photo black magic, but now is not the time. Here's some pics I liberated from the interweb. Mine looks exactly like these.

Just got back from the range with my new one and I would concur with the review above. Great weapon and felt recoil is significantly less than the Walther P99 I have. I shot two different ammo's thru it, 100 rounds total, and not a glitch. Groupings were great from 21 ft to 50 ft. IMO for the money you cannot beat this.

Bad supply and repair support , Steyr just hasn't figure out how to be successful in the American market , they've had 3 different distributors in the last 4 years . I think they finally have a dependable warranty repair shop contracted now .

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top