JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Having NWFA go off the internet was very revealing around our house. I felt lost, I started to have the shakes, I had the sweats, I called in sick,,,,,,called the Dr. for depression medicine. It was awful! I was lost. I didn't realize the amount of time I spent on this site. I have given up golf, fishing, beer, well not beer. After 12hrs I was in a panic. What would I do with all this time. Hmm, I look at my wife, she's looking good!!! "Don't even think about it buster, I'm no fill in for NWFA." This was said as a pencil stuck in the wall beside my head. "I am about to send you to treatment."
I tried a few other sites to see if Joey had left us a message. I tried every back door in I could think of. I even tried to run down Trlsmn. Big mistake. Don't go there. Take my word for it, don't argue with him when he is moderating. I googled Joey Link who turned out to be a hooker in Omaha. My wife can read my screen from 12 ft. away. Another pencil just came flying by. It appears she can stick one sub MOA.

Addiction is an ugly word. I can hear it now, "I,m svg4 and I am a NWFA addict. I've been clean since,,,,well, since they went off."

Joey if you really care about us, you won't let this happen again. I don't want to threaten, but I can't go through this again. If it happens again, I am going to send the other Joey Link $299 and a plane ticket to show up at your house. .......Damn the whole pencil can just came by. Turns out my wife is a fan of Joey Link's internet work. The surprises just keep coming.
I just heard that you can cure this empty feeling by snorting H4831 and put Barnes Tipped TSX 130 Gr.bullets up your nose and then Huff some ONE SHOT. I think I will try it. The alternative is rehab and I suspect they won't let me take any guns there. Maybe I can turn this into a rant about the Second Amendment.No there's enough of that. Joey, thanks for getting us going again sgv4

I feel your pain man, I too was beside myself and actually had to talk to my wife and listen, really listen. I couldnt just say a yes or nod my head like usual because I didnt have NWFA to keep my full attention while my wife rambled on about her day.

I believe it is Joey's responsibility to create a NWGA (North West Gun Addicts)
site. If the cigaret companies have to help for addiction treatments so should Joey. I have read several stories similar to this one and it just breaks my heart everytime I see that another marriage is in crisis or that a fellow member has contemplated actually having a meaningfull conversation with their significant other or some other horror story. I truly believe that a site dedicated to the comforting of fellow members would be a most usefull tool in the combating of total boredom and dare I say it meaningless conversations with family members.:s0058::s0107:

I am Deadeye and I am an addict.......

Man I thought I was alone. My wife didn't know the site was down but she did notice I was acting "strange" according to her. After watching me walk out to the garage, chain smoke, walk back to my computer, curse my computer and walk back out to the garage she finally asked "whats up?". I told her the NWFA site was down and I was having an anxiety attack. She told me I needed help and she was canceling our internet account. The divorce should be pretty straight forward as we don't have children.

My name is Lefty and I'm an addict!

OK, now I have another complaint. I just read my own post. So did my wife. When I hit send it scrambled the whole center of the post. Or maybe it was the crack about Trlsmn. My wife thinks I am scrambled and I really do need treatment. Maybe she's right but how do you screw up "Send". I therefore don't have any choice but to blame Joey and the site again.

IN TRUTH, I APPRECIATE THIS SITE AND ALL THE WORK THAT JOEY, THE MODERATORS AND THE REST OF THE GROUP DO. MOST OF US SPEND TIME HERE BECAUSE WE ARE COMFORTABLE. LIKE MINDED PEOPLE AND ALL THAT! I WOULD ENCOURAGE EVERYONE ON THIS SITE TO DONATE SOMETHING TO THE EFFORT. THERE IS ENOUGH PRESSURE KEEPING THIS SITE HERE FOR US TO USE AND ENJOY WITHOUT THE ADDITIONAL PRESSURE OF $$. LETS BUILD UP A FUND TO ENSURE THAT ANY PROBLEMS ARE EASILY HANDLED AND DON'T FORGET TO BUY FROM THE SPONSORS.

OK, now I have another complaint. I just read my own post. So did my wife. When I hit send it scrambled the whole center of the post. Or maybe it was the crack about Trlsmn. My wife thinks I am scrambled and I really do need treatment. Maybe she's right but how do you screw up "Send". I therefore don't have any choice but to blame Joey and the site again.

On a positive note there is no cure!

IN TRUTH, I APPRECIATE THIS SITE AND ALL THE WORK THAT JOEY, THE MODERATORS AND THE REST OF THE GROUP DO. MOST OF US SPEND TIME HERE BECAUSE WE ARE COMFORTABLE. LIKE MINDED PEOPLE AND ALL THAT! I WOULD ENCOURAGE EVERYONE ON THIS SITE TO DONATE SOMETHING TO THE EFFORT. THERE IS ENOUGH PRESSURE KEEPING THIS SITE HERE FOR US TO USE AND ENJOY WITHOUT THE ADDITIONAL PRESSURE OF $$. LETS BUILD UP A FUND TO ENSURE THAT ANY PROBLEMS ARE EASILY HANDLED AND DON'T FORGET TO BUY FROM THE SPONSORS.

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR