JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So your story inspired me to call the Sheriff and ask about a S&W 41 of mine that was stolen and recovered and they told me I would never get back (because it was used in the commission of a robbery) Its been 19 years ago so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. The officer who runs the evidence desk is out of the office this week but she did leave me a message and said she would look into it next week.

Worth a shot.

Not sure if different jurisdictions do it differently, but from the SPD evidence facility site FAQs, you should.

: My property was taken during the investigation of a crime, when can I expect to get the property back?

A: Property taken for investigation is returned to the owner when the investigating detective authorizes release. Items secured for latent prints are normally returned as soon as possible if no prints were available for evidentiary purposes. Property of evidentiary value is secured in the property facility until such time as the case is closed and the prosecuting attorney and investigating detective determine the property is no longer needed. When property is cleared to be released, a letter will be sent to the owner(s) advising them of the proper procedures for receiving their item(s).

Not sure what took so long for my piddly little misdemeanor.

So the old man gave it to me tonight.:)

20181125_172627.jpg

That's one call you like to get from the police.
Lol
When my brother took my hand gun and was arrested years ago .
After all was said and done he went to jail.
And I went shopping for a new gun.
After 2 weeks of being on a delay I went to gun shop they said I need to contact the local POLICE DEPARTMENT.
so I went there and they said .
You don't need to buy another gun you will get yours back .
Lol . another month later I got the call from the Cheif herself .you can come to the station and pick up your gun.lol
But anyways your story is better all those years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top