JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm semi-retired right now and work just enough to get by and that allows me to come and go as I please.
My stress level is way down and my happy meter is going up.

Haven't don't crap for about 3.5 years now.

33 now, not retired though. Not lazy either. Stay at home dad and home school teacher. As close to retardment as I can be until The time comes.

I feel your pain. Some days schooling requires range trips too!

Lol.

Good lord a forum full of retired old pharts, what is this world coming to???

What is this reloading thing y'all speak of? All I do is hunt, fish, shoot, waste time on old part forums and piddling in the shop..... Is there more to retirement than that?:p

You don't want to see:eek: Broken leg about a year ago. Was told it was fixed and sent back to work and well not so fast.... had to go back in and now have what is called a external fixator.

I have had time to reload and did get out once to shoot but now that winter is hear am stuck in the house....

I kinda retired a few years ago and started my own business. My business was good for about 5 years and then it slowed up. I now work part time at a local school... The best part is my retirement covers about 70% of my bills and the part time job gives me enough extra so I can hunt and fish. It is sorta nice to have a lot of the summer off as well as Christmas break. I am very blessed, my wife and kids still like me soooo life is good. :)

I'm a FOG. 42 years of railroading, the last 20 on call 24/7/365 as a supervisor. Retired for a year and a half now. Bring home more now than when I worked.
Reload, shoot, play with guns, fish, play with cars, drink beer and bourbon.
Rinse......repeat.

Last Edited:
All of you retirees....... SUCK! ('cept Spectra cuz he's banged up) :D

I don't have much hope SSI will be there when I'm "pasture age", and I won't be surprised if .gov seizes all private pension, IRA/401k funds in the not so distant future.

Siiiiigh, I'll just retire vicariously through you guys! :cool:

I won't be surprised if .gov seizes all private pension, IRA/401k funds in the not so distant future.
Can you imagine the horror of being a government official if that were to happen? I would fear for my life every time I stepped out of my house, and rightly so.

Why? They'll most likely have everyone disarmed by declaring everyone as a "prohibited person" via some trumped up farce of a crime, like saying you're a "domestic terrorist" because you criticized the goverment and are a public danger, or you yelled at your kid and that's "domestic violence".

I do have to agree it is not looking good for us that are still working. After working for the same type of job for almost 30 yrs now I sometimes wonder how much longer I will last....

Yeah I have been working steel for most of my life. 30 foot steel beam is why my leg is broke o_O I am getting to that age where I just cant do what I used to....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top