JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why? They'll most likely have everyone disarmed by declaring everyone as a "prohibited person" via some trumped up farce of a crime, like saying you're a "domestic terrorist" because you criticized the goverment and are a public danger, or you yelled at your kid and that's "domestic violence".
Let's think about that for a moment. Has that scenario stopped our current crop of legitimate criminals from owning weapons and using them in the commission of legitimate crimes?

I doubt it will stop people who being true law abiding citizens at 11:59:59pm and become felons at 12:01:01 just because some domestic enemy put ink to paper.

Retired? My retirement plan is to have a massive coronary infarction, until then its work, work, work.

You will get your most money by 60. If you are in your 40s now is a good time to have your debt paid off and investing your money. Stay healthy, that is your best investment.

I am 44, about a half million in debt and my generation has almost no hope of ever seeing Social Security and there is a real good chance the government will swipe any money you have saved anyway. My generation has little hope of retirement the way the boomers will. The boomers lived through some of the greatest market booms of all time while still being part of the pension era.

I won't be eligible for SS till the early 2030's. In my mind there is little chance we won't see a complete restructuring of the financial system by then which will likely wipe out any non tangible assets you have anyway. Not to say I am not planing and taking a active role in my future. I can tell you I am better off than probably 80% of folks my age, however I think beans bullets and bandaids are probably a better place to put your money than Wall Street, but you still have to put some money at risk if you have any hope at all.

I think working stiff my age who thinks he can plan on retirement at 62 with enough Social Security to be cumphy is flat delusional.

I am 44, about a half million in debt and my generation has almost no hope of ever seeing Social Security and there is a real good chance the government will swipe any money you have saved anyway. My generation has little hope of retirement the way the boomers will. The boomers lived through some of the greatest market booms of all time while still being part of the pension era.

I won't be eligible for SS till the early 2030's. In my mind there is little chance we won't see a complete restructuring of the financial system by then which will likely wipe out any non tangible assets you have anyway. Not to say I am not planing and taking a active role in my future. I can tell you I am better off than probably 80% of folks my age, however I think beans bullets and bandaids are probably a better place to put your money than Wall Street, but you still have to put some money at risk if you have any hope at all.

I think working stiff my age who thinks he can plan on retirement at 62 with enough Social Security to be cumphy is flat delusional.

I think they raised retirement age for your generation, I believe it's 67.5 for full retirement. Lots of people think they won't make it then all of a sudden they are there. Myself I lived to enjoy every day with the hopes to get retired and free. Worked at staying out of debt so when I got old the money would be mine rather than some banks.

If the system crashes I have a feeling the country will turn commie real quick and nobody will stay retired then.o_O

You don't want to see:eek: Broken leg about a year ago. Was told it was fixed and sent back to work and well not so fast.... had to go back in and now have what is called a external fixator.

I have had time to reload and did get out once to shoot but now that winter is hear am stuck in the house....

That suks. Sorry

My generation has little hope of retirement the way the boomers will. The boomers lived through some of the greatest market booms of all time while still being part of the pension era.
Don't be so sure about boomers being better off.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/edwards...eatest-retirement-crisis-in-american-history/

"With the average 401(k) balance for 65 year olds estimated at $25,000 by independent experts – $100,000 if you believe the retirement planning industry - the decades many elders will spend in forced or elected "retirement" will be grim."

Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa...cleaning trays at Taco Bell because they didn't save anything.
Best time to plant an apple tree? 20-years ago
Second best time? Today.

The conservatives who claim fierce independence really need to pull their head out of their bubblegum and do the right thing by getting out of debt by whatever means possible, and start saving NOW! Unless of course they want to join the liberal minded folk and be slaves to .gov

Debt is not bad. Unproductive or excessive debit is. I have a huge amount of debt, but my net worth is at least twice what I owe. I just borrowed a hundred grand to build a building that I rent out for $2000 a month and the mortgage is about $800. Is that bad? I borrowed $75 grand at 2% and bought new machinery for my buisness which added $50-75k a year to my bottom line. You think that was a bad move? I could liquidate my assets and pay off all my debt tomorrow, however doing so would reduce my income by about $100k a year (to about zero since I am self employed and need all that stuff to earn a living). Debt is a tool, and like any other tool it can be used productively or irresponsibility.

Which is a fancy way of saying debt used to generate income in excess of its cost.

Leverage is the fastest way to make money. It's also the fastest way to lose money.

I retired almost 20 years ago (at 43). After my funds dry up in my mid 90's I plan to become a burden to my kid (pay back).
Then, around the age of 105 I'd like to die in a young ladies bed....
....shot by her jealous husband!

Thanks Dad for putting me through Harvard Medical School, too bad you don't have enough retirement money to eat.
Lesson 1, Pay yourself first.
Lesson 2. Don't count on the Federal government to give a dam.
Lesson 3. And certainly don't count on your kids to help you out, like you did for them.

Last Edited:
From the Soc Sec Adm website;

The original Social Security Act of 1935 set the minimum age for receiving full retirement benefits at 65.
  • Congress cited improvements in the health of older people and increases in average life expectancy as primary reasons for increasing the normal retirement age.
  • Since the program first began paying monthly Social Security benefits in 1940, the average life expectancy for men reaching age 65 has increased nearly 7 years to age 84.3, for women reaching age 65, their average life expectancy has increased nearly 7 years to age 86.6.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top