JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So 12 years ago I became a convicted felon (3rd degree assault). I know I am eligible to get my rights back, I just have no idea how! I have talked to a couple lawyers and the cheapest I can find is almost $1000! Does anyone know how to go about this by doing it yourself? I just dont know where to find what forms I need and so forth. Or does anyone know of a reasonable lawyer in the area? I am located in the Renton/Kent/Tukwila area.

Thank you so much for any information you can provide! :)

So 12 years ago I became a convicted felon (3rd degree assault). I know I am eligible to get my rights back, I just have no idea how! I have talked to a couple lawyers and the cheapest I can find is almost $1000! Does anyone know how to go about this by doing it yourself? I just dont know where to find what forms I need and so forth. Or does anyone know of a reasonable lawyer in the area? I am located in the Renton/Kent/Tukwila area.

Honastly $1000 seems like a bargin to me. There is a Washington attorney who specializes in restoration of rights. I don't remember his name but my firearms attorney (Alex Kincaid of Boise) just did a three part pod cast with him about restoration of rights. You can find the podcast on her web page (just do a google search for Alex Kincaid gun law)

As IM said already 1K is not that bad. To be honest what price is really the owning of a firearm worth? I know times are tough for people but when it comes down to it sometimes we just have to do it....

No doubt! A grand to be the first one in Oregon to have a felony assult charged removed that's a bargain! !!

The one and only person I know of that went from convicted felon got his original charge reduced to after 20 years.

Thanks to a change in Obamas ruling book even with misdemeanor assult you can't buy a gun. You are legal to own one just can't buy one...

Good luck. Your gunna need it.

Edit; I didn't see your from WA, I have no idea what you'll face and I hope its much easier than Oregon.

Last Edited:
MM Peep. Good on you for trying to wrap up this affair. Whatever the past, I fully support the restoration of all civil rights for felons. (There has to be a process, of course.)

I see that you are in Washington, and no doubt know about some felons who are (and forever will be) held in secure lock up well past their let-go date (serial rapists, that type). With some exceptions, all civil rights should be restored, I say it again.

Unfortunately for you, restoration is not automatic in Washington, you have to fight for it. My advice: Please, work a few extra hours, and go do this, pronto. Given the current political environment, your obstacles are bound to increase.

Stay a member here, and document your journey. Best of luck to you.

Wow, thanks guys for the responses! Ok, well now I feel better about the $1000. :) At first it seemed like a lot, but I guess it is worth it to have my rights back!

Wow, thanks guys for the responses! Ok, well now I feel better about the $1000. :) At first it seemed like a lot, but I guess it is worth it to have my rights back!

I don't know their policies, you'll have to find out, but a Go Fund Me or similar might be in order - in exchange for your tale of the process.

Just for anyone else in the same boat as me who looks at this forum.. <broken link removed> I found this lady. She said she charges a flat rate of $850 to do it! Ill post a review of her on here once she completes everything (hopefully successfully..). :)

there was a guy in my CHL class which had his rights restored - it too was assault. I can't remember the exact charge but definitely assault. Had to have a judge sign it off.

eta: is see you're in notner, WA. My story takes place in p-town, OR.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top