JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So 12 years ago I became a convicted felon (3rd degree assault). I know I am eligible to get my rights back, I just have no idea how! I have talked to a couple lawyers and the cheapest I can find is almost $1000! Does anyone know how to go about this by doing it yourself? I just dont know where to find what forms I need and so forth. Or does anyone know of a reasonable lawyer in the area? I am located in the Renton/Kent/Tukwila area.

Thank you so much for any information you can provide! :)

So 12 years ago I became a convicted felon (3rd degree assault). I know I am eligible to get my rights back, I just have no idea how! I have talked to a couple lawyers and the cheapest I can find is almost $1000! Does anyone know how to go about this by doing it yourself? I just dont know where to find what forms I need and so forth. Or does anyone know of a reasonable lawyer in the area? I am located in the Renton/Kent/Tukwila area.

Honastly $1000 seems like a bargin to me. There is a Washington attorney who specializes in restoration of rights. I don't remember his name but my firearms attorney (Alex Kincaid of Boise) just did a three part pod cast with him about restoration of rights. You can find the podcast on her web page (just do a google search for Alex Kincaid gun law)

As IM said already 1K is not that bad. To be honest what price is really the owning of a firearm worth? I know times are tough for people but when it comes down to it sometimes we just have to do it....

No doubt! A grand to be the first one in Oregon to have a felony assult charged removed that's a bargain! !!

The one and only person I know of that went from convicted felon got his original charge reduced to after 20 years.

Thanks to a change in Obamas ruling book even with misdemeanor assult you can't buy a gun. You are legal to own one just can't buy one...

Good luck. Your gunna need it.

Edit; I didn't see your from WA, I have no idea what you'll face and I hope its much easier than Oregon.

Last Edited:
MM Peep. Good on you for trying to wrap up this affair. Whatever the past, I fully support the restoration of all civil rights for felons. (There has to be a process, of course.)

I see that you are in Washington, and no doubt know about some felons who are (and forever will be) held in secure lock up well past their let-go date (serial rapists, that type). With some exceptions, all civil rights should be restored, I say it again.

Unfortunately for you, restoration is not automatic in Washington, you have to fight for it. My advice: Please, work a few extra hours, and go do this, pronto. Given the current political environment, your obstacles are bound to increase.

Stay a member here, and document your journey. Best of luck to you.

Wow, thanks guys for the responses! Ok, well now I feel better about the $1000. :) At first it seemed like a lot, but I guess it is worth it to have my rights back!

Wow, thanks guys for the responses! Ok, well now I feel better about the $1000. :) At first it seemed like a lot, but I guess it is worth it to have my rights back!

I don't know their policies, you'll have to find out, but a Go Fund Me or similar might be in order - in exchange for your tale of the process.

Just for anyone else in the same boat as me who looks at this forum.. <broken link removed> I found this lady. She said she charges a flat rate of $850 to do it! Ill post a review of her on here once she completes everything (hopefully successfully..). :)

there was a guy in my CHL class which had his rights restored - it too was assault. I can't remember the exact charge but definitely assault. Had to have a judge sign it off.

eta: is see you're in notner, WA. My story takes place in p-town, OR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top