JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey correct me! I'm trying to get it right:D So they should get a 9mm and the rifle. Go for the AR or 30-06? Deer anyone? (I have the Winchester 30 ;) ) I'm seeing the girl trying to manage a huge pack and the soft rifle carrier banging on the back of her head.

Hey now, he's working out and trying to toughen up.

Hey correct me! I'm trying to get it right:D So they should get a 9mm and the rifle. Go for the AR or 30-06? Deer anyone? (I have the Winchester 30 ;) ) I'm seeing the girl trying to manage a huge pack and the soft rifle carrier banging on the back of her head.

AR-15 in 5.56 will get you deer if you want to go simi auto.

30-06 will get anything.

Either way it would be in a sling and on my shoulder for quick access no matter how far I was hiking.

Western barrel bullet holder I get, but what's a Winchester 30?

30, 31, whatever it takes.

P

Western barrel bullet holder I get, but what's a Winchester 30?

30, 31, whatever it takes.

P
HMM you don't know the old Winchester 30 ought (0) 6? Standard deer rifle for us young women learning to hunt in the 60's
After the rifle safety course and then I got so excited I shot a young (very young) buck right through his back bone. (I was aiming for his big Momma I had a doe tag) but they went behind a bush and he came out and got hit. I had no knife cuz dad was up cutting firewood. I ran to the house where we were at and they had no sharp knives (The wife was unstable and not allowed sharp objects) She gave me pocket knife and and ran up the side of the hill through the poison ivy and sawed that spike's neck. I was so proud at maybe 14 I think was the first year I could hunt. :p We had tender meat and I had a bad case of poison ivy all over my legs.

@Camelfilter

If I drop a 9MM into the end of my already chambered .45 can I hit 2 things at once? Also will it be prudent to deploy my barrel shroud before or after pulling the trigger?

It depends, on your hold. Or lack thereof. From a Weaver stance, absolutely! Chapman or Isosceles may have you in a touch of trouble.

Always always always shroud post squeeze, if your going to pull, then before or after, honestly doesn't matter (much). Obviously different technique if your in a match shooting from a table with chair tho. Without chair, should be allrite either way.

My hubby want me to get me cnc but isn't home long enough to get me trained

(The wife was unstable and not allowed sharp objects) She gave me pocket knife and and ran up the side of the hill through the poison ivy and sawed that spike's neck.

Hm...typo...?
Who is writing here...first its as if you the wife , a gal , is writing ...now its as if a guy , the husband is writing...

Or am I missing something...?
Andy

Hm...typo...?
Who is writing here...first its as if you the wife , a gal , is writing ...now its as if a guy , the husband is writing...

Or am I missing something...?
Andy
I am a woman. I don't play games with my avatar. I'm married 47 years. :)
The experience was when I was 14, first time hunting with my dad. I was trying to abbreviate and not give my usual detailed version. Dad had taken me hunting, but we didn't see any deer so left me with the property owner's wife (unstable, probably dementia) She gave me the dull pocket knife to slit the deer's throat.

Sorry guys, it's been interesting but I'm heading home. I have church tonight, then this weekend I'm re-reading and writing a client's manuscript (for $) I'll check back Sunday or Monday. Thanks for all the information. I copied everything so I can add it to my book folder when I get home.
Thank you again for all your patience with me and my questions. The Plotting begins.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top