JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last month I’d written a couple of blog entries regarding my correspondence with my Congressional representative, David Wu. This increased focus was precipitated by Wu’s clearly unusual interpretation of the Heller decision. As he stated he supported the decision I asked to join 65 other Democrats in strong opposition to any re-instatement of the so-called “assault weapon ban” (which has nothing to do with any firearm that could be truly called an “assault weapon” using a technical definition of the term). He finally responded.

Text and analysis here: <broken link removed>

Blah blah blah............I sent Mr Wu a letter asking some specific questions about his stance on OHV issues and got a similar response from him. I would have rather gotten nothing than a blanket BS email.

Blah blah blah............I sent Mr Wu a letter asking some specific questions about his stance on OHV issues and got a similar response from him. I would have rather gotten nothing than a blanket BS email.

Representative Wu is almost impossible to get a straight statement out of... almost makes me want to run against him...

Letter to gun owners.

“Thank you for contacting me concerning your opposition to reports that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is advocating for a reinstatement of the ban on assault weapons. I appreciate hearing from you about this important issue.

“I am aware of Attorney General Holder's statements, which echo President Barack Obama's comments made during his campaign for the presidency. Any change to federal weapons regulations would require legislation passed by Congress, and currently there is no pending legislation regarding this matter. Should such legislation be introduced, I will keep your comments in mind.”

Letter to gun banners.

“Thank you for contacting me concerning your support of reports that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is advocating for a reinstatement of the ban on assault weapons. I appreciate hearing from you about this important issue.

“I am aware of Attorney General Holder's statements, which echo President Barack Obama's comments made during his campaign for the presidency. Any change to federal weapons regulations would require legislation passed by Congress, and currently there is no pending legislation regarding this matter. Should such legislation be introduced, I will keep your comments in mind.”

Letter to gun owners.

“Thank you for contacting me concerning your opposition to reports that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is advocating for a reinstatement of the ban on assault weapons. I appreciate hearing from you about this important issue.

Letter to gun banners.

“Thank you for contacting me concerning your support of reports that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is advocating for a reinstatement of the ban on assault weapons. I appreciate hearing from you about this important issue.

That was pretty much my take... :s0155:

Representative Wu is almost impossible to get a straight statement out of... almost makes me want to run against him...

I have a friend who has done some real homework, thinking about challenging him.

Wu is loaded with cash and is wholly bought-and-owned by Oregon's more powerful unions.

You can have my vote, but I would suggest you need about $700k for starters, to make it fair.

And I would bet 1000 small pistol primers the Oregonian will have forgiven him his youthful indiscretions if his reelection bid ever gets tight.

That's a big if, since he carried the district with something like 71% of the vote.

That's a LOT of sheep.

Wu is loaded with cash and is wholly bought-and-owned by Oregon's more powerful unions.

You can have my vote, but I would suggest you need about $700k for starters, to make it fair.

... and therein you sum up the problem I'm facing (and anyone who challenges him is facing)... he's exceptionally well-funded and the district includes a lot of urban space.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top