JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since moving to Washington 5 years ago, my main vehicle has had the same specialty plate that honors law enforcement and part of my registration goes to help the family of fallen officers.

s-l640.jpg

I'm up for renewal and am considering either going to a standard plate, or to a military plate.

It's not because I no longer support the police; I do more than ever. My dad and brother were/are cops in Idaho. I just think having any pro LEO or pro conservative stickers or banners or anything else on your vehicle is running a greater risk for confrontation or vandalism.

I recently removed my only firearms sticker as well.

Never had any issues in the past, and have only been pulled over once for going a little too fast in the past few years and got a warning, so not really sure if it is any kind of ticket insurance, lol.

What would you do?

It is a "risk" no doubt. All my vehicles have a sticker on the back window which is the US flag with the blue line. I would NOT want to drive to the big city in them with this. Even here I do feel at times leery of it but, I will keep it for now. We have to wear a mask now and I wear ones that are the same, US flag with blue line. I get a few nasty looks but get a LOT more compliments on them. When wife and I go out to eat? I DO NOT wear that mask in though. Don't trust some snowflake not to do something to my food :mad:
So bottom line for plates? You really have to decide with where you live and drive, and decide if it's worth the little bit of free expression. You may well find some free speech snowflake key your car or such but, it is what it is. :(

Sad to say, but freedom of speech is only protected in Portland/Seattle if it complies with the political views of a particular party, otherwise, you will be attacked and silenced.

I pondered it and was on the fence and went to re-new and couldn't find an option to replace my plates online, so I just ordered the renewal of the LEO plates. $118.

I have an issue with the state charging extra for military service plates. I think those that served honorably should not have to pay an extra $30 to display their branch of service.

OK, I have come to some reasoned conclusions on this topic myself.

Here's what I reasoned:
-My vehicle is parked in Seattle or a Seattle suburb park-n-ride for a significant part of my work day.
-Where I live is mostly conservative, no worries with that. I can shop, drive, chill, wherever in SnoCo with no worries.
-Where I park, I have no control

I came to the conclusion that I don't want my vehicle messed with, due to parking it for a work day in those areas. However, I myself, still proudly display "Trump" or "Thin Blue Line" or "Liberals....etc etc" apparel all day every day while working openly in the city of Seattle. Guess what? Almost all of the interactions I have had, in Seattle, have been thoroughly positive. I get lots of thumbs ups and "hell yeahs" from others. Even the girls at Starbucks love my pro-Bill Cosby t-shirts. You'd be surprised. There's not that many unhinged liberals running around.
I can protect myself when I wear these slogans.
However, if I leave these slogans, on my car in an area I can't control, my car may be vandalized. I won't allow someone to vandalize myself, but my car is unprotected during the work day, so I refrain from anything that could trigger people.

I say, "up to you" but if you decline to renew your pro-LE plates, try and invest in some more t-shirts to offend people in person.

Do what you feel you need to do but, when we start making amendments then we are slowly giving ground to the insurrectionist domestic terrorist scum in this country! I'm not saying go out and deliberately draw fire but, my guess would be most of those ignorant Antifa/BLM morons wouldn't know the meaning of the LEM on your plate.

The fact that this is even a thread proves we are in a sad state of affairs. I drive in and out of pdx day, so my car stays stock. I do have a couple of those oval shaped stickers, "5.56" and "7.62" that I want to put on the back glass, but it really isn't worth getting my car vandalized. Most of my stickers end up on my tool box in my garage.

All of my vehicle affiliations are on my boat these days. I know that my boat is always in my sight and fellow boaters are usually of the same mindset as me.

I'll keep the plate, now, more than ever, the police need our support.

I moved to WA recently and didn't know about these plate, I think I'll go get one for the new SUV I just ordered and is still waiting delivery. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top