JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Scored big today. Walked into my favorite gun store to find they'd pulled some classic firearms out of the safe where they'd been stored for a year of more.

One of them was a Remington UMC Model 51 that was in near perfect condition despite having been produced around 1921. In fact, as I'm sure we all know, Remington recently tried and failed miserably to produce a new version of this gun because, despite what would seem a logical conclusion, you can't reproduce a completely handmade and hand fit extremely complex pistol on a bunch of milling machines.

This looks so modern and sleek it's unbelievable -- a slim, single stack pistol in .380 with a firing mechanism designed by John Pedersen never used in any other pistol but this one.

I have to do some research on the serial number and exact date of manufacture and get with the collector to get its background story, but owning a piece of history like this is fascinating, especially when it looks like it just came out of the factory yesterday. The only wear is around the muzzle, which means someone actually carried it either personally or on the job. I looked and only found one other similar model 51 for sale anywhere in the US and nowhere near the condition mine is. Lucky me. And the value will NOT go down on this thing.

Last Edited:
Just sat through several videos on field stripping it. I also bought a Sig P320 Compact today. You know, lock back slide, turn lever, release slide, and you're done? Not on this thing. I've done enough home gunsmithing to feel ok with doing it, but you need about four hands and the patience of Job. Pretty complex little machine Mr. Pedersen built. I can see why Remington was nuts to think they could just machine everything, throw it together, and think it would work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top