JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
other manufacturers may obtain the rights to build other Remington firearms

Q6yHYnM.gif

Except for the FFL delay and perennial union troubles, it looks like Remington's civilian production will inexplicably remain in NY. How did Lou Imperato do it with Henry? A good example to copy.

Except for the FFL delay and perennial union troubles, it looks like Remington's civilian production will inexplicably remain in NY. How did Lou Imperato do it with Henry? A good example to copy.

Interesting...maybe they will revive under the new ownership.

Interesting...maybe they will revive under the new ownership.
Well, it is very controversial, but in the NE particularly, one does not work without joining a union first. Sadly, some unions have replaced corporate greed with union greed. I see no progress there - the Japanese model works so much better: treat employees like family.

Lou Imperato did that at Henry. He would walk through the shop, handing out fruit or other snacks, and sit and listen to the workers. Both sides could understand the other. Revolutionary concept in our world.

Yeah, Ithaca is alive and well,, now located in Ohio, they make a high quality 1911 also.
Another company, "Inland Manufacturing" has partnered with Ithaca to reproduce the WWII M37 trench gun.
It doesn't hold a high round count,, but if you can't stop em with 5 rounds, that's what the bayonet is for;
1610145995301.png

Some of these legacy designs may make appearances again, but they will say "Made in _________" on them. To varying degrees of quality. After Remington bought Marlin, they got H&R 1871 and New England Firearms in the deal. Marlin had already started importing shotguns marked NEF Excell that were made in Turkey. There is also an H&R Partner pump shotgun, I'm not sure but this one may have been marketed by Remington, it's marked Made in China.

If you see new 870's again, it would surprise me if they said Ilion, NY on them. Or even USA.

IF......someone wanted to buy a Remington 870.

Then perhaps......
One should learn from the experience of the Marlin (JM Marked) story.

Aloha, Mark

Their ammo is already owned by Federal, found that out in a recent Youtube video posted by Federal's CEO (Apparently they own the ammunition divisions of Remington, CCI, and one other that I can't remember off the top of my head). Some of the other, non-gun portions of Remington have been owned by other corporations for quite a long time. I'm sure someone will step up and keep the name out there, just as has been done with Winchester.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top