JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never even got interested in Remington. They may have the accuracy but I would rather lose some accuracy than have a rifle that may or may not malfunction.

I have never owned a "Bad" Remmy, but a few were less then steller in performance, that's kind of sad when you have a manufacture that touts it's self as being as good as they are ( sort of like Kimber, but that's another thread) what I will say, the two 700's I still have are early 60's era rifles and they are both very nice shooting well made Rifles. My newer 700 ( 600 wanna be) shoots VERY well and the fit and finish are first rate. I have looked at a lot of new(er) 700's that folks have brought into the GS I hang out in, and they all suffer from fit and finish and build quality issues and Many times the owner of said rifle wishes to trade it in for something nice, or he wants to "fix" what shouldn't have been an issue. Would I ever buy another Remmy? not until they go back to the way they used to build the Rifles that made them as popular as they once were. Just for Stinks and Giggles, I have seen some of the same things from Winchester and Browning too, I think they are feeling the heat from Savage and Ruger out selling them. ( I would take a nice Ruger any day) over the newer offerings from the "Old Timers" and even Savage builds a nice rifle with good fit and finish and excellent accuracy for any amount of money.

It would seem every Remington I own has come with a bad rap that I have never been able to verify nor have had anyone close and respected verify.
Over thirty years designing and building widgets for manufacturing not everything comes up smelling like roses and the same goes for the things built on those widgets. (BEST LAID PLANS etc.)
If I followed the same constraints listed above I would not have a drivers license since I've never owned a car or truck that hasn't malfunctioned at one time or another. (some, about every couple a hundred miles) Some claim; "FORD" stands for Fix or repair daily. For sure, I've spent much repairing them but have been left high and dry more in an Chevy. The point is, It's a long way between "lemons" or "stuff happens" and negligence.
If I cut half way through a limb on my apple tree and stop for lunch then your kid crawls up for an apple and gets hurt when it breaks off that should be your kids problem not mine. (and if it were me, likely got a whipping when I got home.) If you hire me to prune your trees and the same thing happens then It's my negligence and my problem. Only today, nobody wants to except responsibility for anything. So lets sue the fence manufacturer because it failed to keep the kid out.
I don't see anyone here trying to sell a known defective product.
If you have a gun, then you better except the responsibility that comes with it. From what I know of alleged incidents involving this gun; following basic gun safety would have eliminated the safety issue. If the product is inherently defective then there would be no doubt nor discussion, since many of them would malfunction and it will be obvious.
Death and tax retorts aside, life doesn't come with guarantees. (and be worthless, uneventful and unexhilarating if it did)
Just to prove how magnanimous I am, and selfishly willing to assist in saving the world, any one out there with a dangerous life threatening Remington 700 in 6.5 X 55 Swede, I would be willing to release you from your nightmares and take it off your hands:rolleyes:

It would seem every Remington I own has come with a bad rap that I have never been able to verify nor have had anyone close and respected verify.
Over thirty years designing and building widgets for manufacturing not everything comes up smelling like roses and the same goes for the things built on those widgets. (BEST LAID PLANS etc.)
If I followed the same constraints listed above I would not have a drivers license since I've never owned a car or truck that hasn't malfunctioned at one time or another. (some, about every couple a hundred miles) Some claim; "FORD" stands for Fix or repair daily. For sure, I've spent much repairing them but have been left high and dry more in an Chevy. The point is, It's a long way between "lemons" or "stuff happens" and negligence.
If I cut half way through a limb on my apple tree and stop for lunch then your kid crawls up for an apple and gets hurt when it breaks off that should be your kids problem not mine. (and if it were me, likely got a whipping when I got home.) If you hire me to prune your trees and the same thing happens then It's my negligence and my problem. Only today, nobody wants to except responsibility for anything. So lets sue the fence manufacturer because it failed to keep the kid out.
I don't see anyone here trying to sell a known defective product.
If you have a gun, then you better except the responsibility that comes with it. From what I know of alleged incidents involving this gun; following basic gun safety would have eliminated the safety issue. If the product is inherently defective then there would be no doubt nor discussion, since many of them would malfunction and it will be obvious.
Death and tax retorts aside, life doesn't come with guarantees. (and be worthless, uneventful and unexhilarating if it did)
Just to prove how magnanimous I am, and selfishly willing to assist in saving the world, any one out there with a dangerous life threatening Remington 700 in 6.5 X 55 Swede, I would be willing to release you from your nightmares and take it off your hands:rolleyes:
My uncle bought a 700 in 6.5 creed and on the first shot he closed the bolt and it fired. That gun went back to Remington faster the the SR-71.

Oh, Man that is a Very Rare animal, 6.5X55 Swede Remington 700:)
I don't think they offered that chambering for more then a handful of years, and not very many rifles ether! Will keep my bananas peeled for one!

All the Remington's I have ever seen with a trigger problem have come from someone playing with one of the three epoxy sealed screws. Oh look epoxy is missing and your having troubles you say? :)

I'm not a fan of any factory trigger, I like mine all adjusted down just under 2 pounds. Lots
Of aftermarket options.

I don't think remington has made a great rifle since the Remington model 30 or 725. In my opinion remingtons are made cheap like savage rifles are. I will take a FN commercial action or pte 64 winchester over a 700 any day.

I don't think remington has made a great rifle since the Remington model 30 or 725. In my opinion remingtons are made cheap like savage rifles are. I will take a FN commercial action or pte 64 winchester over a 700 any day.

One exception would be a 1903 or 1903a3 Springfield made by remington. Just my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top