JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've only owned one Remington 700 and I never shot it. Bought it for the scope that was on it, then sold it off.
If I had one with a trigger problem, I would buy an aftermarket trigger for it and live happily ever after. My Ruger's have had serviceable triggers, but the addition of a Timney was well worth the time and effort. I see it as an excuse to upgrade your rifle.
This does remind us there is nothing more safe than muzzle control.

From the recall site:

"Remington Arms Company, LLC ("Remington") is voluntarily recalling Remington Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles which were manufactured from May 1, 2006 through April 9, 2014 and which have an X-Mark Pro® ("XMP®") trigger. Rifles manufactured after April 9, 2014 are not subject to recall."

I have a newer 700 and haven't had any issues with it. Did the drop test from around 12" on carpeted floor (not going much higher than that)..

Many Remington 700 owners have adjusted (or had their x mark pro triggers adjusted by a certified gunsmith), loctite'd the screw, function checked it for safety issues, and their rifles work just fine. Also (as suggested by many 700 shooters) I racked the bolt (empty chamber, no ammo nearby) and tried giving the receiver area some good whacks to see if I could get it to A.D. . Not happening. The trigger on mine has been adjusted down in pull weight also, and then loctite'd over the screw to keep it from backing out at all. Even so, I do not keep it loaded until I am on the firing line and have it pointed down range, as I would any firearm (not counting a carry pistol). What I'm saying is even though I assume my rifle to be safe, I still do not rely on the mechanical internals to prevent stupidity - I practice firearm safety daily and check the chamber for ammo every time I handle this rifle, as I do any firearm, no excuses.

For anyone out there who owns a 700 and is wondering if their rifle could be part of the recall, there is a website where you can check your serial #.

Remington Recall

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews