JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Were you quoted a price on it? I'd examined one in San Luis Obispo in fair-to-good exterior condition with a pitted bore, and I considered purchasing and rebarreling it; however, the shop wanted $500 and the owner was obnoxious.

I wish you many hours of shooting enjoyment with that rifle. I'd enjoy seeing photos of the Remington rolling block! When I was 13, a gentleman we knew allowed me to use the rolling block he'd purchased years earlier from Bannerman's, but I had to supply my own ammunition and clean the rifle when we'd finished shooting. I sold newspapers and did chores at the time, and a box of 100 military cartridges in 7x57mm cost $7.00-7.50 per box, depending on the importer. I invested in a box of 100 and used them sparingly. At 13, that was the most powerful rifle I'd fired! When summer was over, I still had a fistful of rounds left, and I gave them to the gentleman who owned the rifle. I learned the following year that he'd passed away.
The rolling block in 7x57mm and .30-40 Krag made perfect sense to me, and I was pleased to see Remington's custom shop brought the rifle back...then dismayed when I learned the price. Have a great time with that rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top