JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Were you quoted a price on it? I'd examined one in San Luis Obispo in fair-to-good exterior condition with a pitted bore, and I considered purchasing and rebarreling it; however, the shop wanted $500 and the owner was obnoxious.

I wish you many hours of shooting enjoyment with that rifle. I'd enjoy seeing photos of the Remington rolling block! When I was 13, a gentleman we knew allowed me to use the rolling block he'd purchased years earlier from Bannerman's, but I had to supply my own ammunition and clean the rifle when we'd finished shooting. I sold newspapers and did chores at the time, and a box of 100 military cartridges in 7x57mm cost $7.00-7.50 per box, depending on the importer. I invested in a box of 100 and used them sparingly. At 13, that was the most powerful rifle I'd fired! When summer was over, I still had a fistful of rounds left, and I gave them to the gentleman who owned the rifle. I learned the following year that he'd passed away.
The rolling block in 7x57mm and .30-40 Krag made perfect sense to me, and I was pleased to see Remington's custom shop brought the rifle back...then dismayed when I learned the price. Have a great time with that rifle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top