JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so over the last year or so my passion for shooting has exploded, I'm shooting ten times more than I ever thought I would to be honest. So my first question is after the initial cost of buyng equipement to reload my own ammo what kind of savings can expect, I would be reloading .40 S&W and possibly 9mm. I've heard numbers from people all over the board from that by the end I wont save much and reloading my own is a waist of time to I can save up to .20cents a round... Just looking for some feedback from anyone who reloads those calibers themselves, just to be strait this would all bplinking rounds nothing for personal defense so if I use some cheaperpowder that would be totally fine with me.
my second question is since I would be reloading my own it would all be led rounds no metal jackets or anything so is there any possible way that they could in anyway damage my pistols in any way at all?? I know its more my personal fear than actual danger because I'm sure hundreds of yu reload your own ammo all the time, I just need someone to help get rid of my fear :)

Also anything else that you can think of that I would need to know please feel free to tell me whatever I need to know

When 9mm was $9-10 bucks a box of 50 on sale at BiMart. You wouldn't save enough to cover the initial investment in a basis setup for a very long time. You would how ever be shooting better more consistant ammo (if you do your part correctly) With .40SW being more expensive your get a return on your investment sooner making it a more interesting idea.

Now add one rifle cartridge in the mix and all of a sudden (unless your shooting import 7.62 x 39 or cheap .223/5.56) then the investment gets covered pretty quick.

Add an odd ball rifle or pistol cartridge to the mix and your making money all of a sudden.

I reload 30-40Krag for a model 1895 Winchester I have. At per panic prices I was saving about 90-92 cents every single round loaded. For a box of 20 thats $18.00 a BOX in savings

I reload .30M1 again a very expensive ammo I can save upwards of .50 cents a round.

Even in .44spl compared to factory I save almost half the cost of new ammo.

Componets are hard to come by right now but if you shop smart and go slow you can be reloading in no time.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top