JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm slowly getting ready to restart reloading after a loooong break from it...and wondering which new reload data book to snag. Currently I have the Kindle version of Hornady's 10th edition, but wondering whether I should update it, or buy someone else's and update the Hornady later??? Everything else I have is around 20 years old at this point.

Looking at loading 10mm, .223, .300 BLK and .450 Bushmaster...and interested in some subsonic variations too.

Nosler
Hornady
Hodgedon
Sierra

Would all be a good place to start.

It's nice to have a load manual from the people who make the bullets you're wanting to use.

I have 'em all but I think that Modern Reloading by Richard Lee (2nd Edition) has the most recipes.
Over 38,000 loads. Obtained from bullet and powder makers - most lean toward the newer powders although, if you search, you can find the old standards in there as well. Prices online are absurd. $50 and up? AYKM?

I bought mine from Denny McDaniels at Duck Creek Sporting Goods in Colo. Great guy and really good service on reloading stuff. Oh, it's $22 and shipping, which he said he would try to keep it under $10. Far better to give Denny the business than predatory lefties like Amazon. Combine it with some bullets and brass and you can do even better overall.

I'm slowly getting ready to restart reloading after a loooong break from it...and wondering which new reload data book to snag. Currently I have the Kindle version of Hornady's 10th edition, but wondering whether I should update it, or buy someone else's and update the Hornady later??? Everything else I have is around 20 years old at this point.

Looking at loading 10mm, .223, .300 BLK and .450 Bushmaster...and interested in some subsonic variations too.
Hodgden puts out an updated magazine every year with tons of updated info also.

Also there is an app for the phone called handloading assistant. I've checked the loads in there against published data and found them consistent. I also like the one caliber one book manuals. Lots of options.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top