JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I hear you. It bl0ws. But if you use them the more libertarian sector of our community will cry wolf, complain about becoming a police state , Big Brother, etc. In my opinion, law should revised to allow access to cameras with a warrant. I have no idea if that's any better but at least it might be progress.

I don't care what your views on red light cameras are.....this just isn't right....

Seattle cops can't use red-light cameras for evidence

It all depends on the perspective. We never like the idea of disarming entire American public to prevent a few individuals (or make it harder for them) from committing violence with firearms. Would it be okay to take away privacy from the entire public in order to catch those few individuals after they commit crimes ?

Perhaps they're right on no expectation of privacy in public. But in that case, why is it a controversial topic about Google publishing street view images ?

It all depends on the perspective. We never like the idea of disarming entire American public to prevent a few individuals (or make it harder for them) from committing violence with firearms. Would it be okay to take away privacy from the entire public in order to catch those few individuals after they commit crimes ?

Perhaps they're right on no expectation of privacy in public. But in that case, why is it a controversial topic about Google publishing street view images ?

I have nothing to hide. The "man" knows more about me than I do anyway. Political views aside, I say they should be able to view the footage, within a reasonable timeframe, if that's what it takes to find out who killed my baby. Just wait until one of their own is murdered.....I bet S*$# will change then, eh? Besides.....if you went through that intersection, you have been recorded anyway, like it or not. At least let it be used to do more good than bad. Dang....use it to give me a ticket for running a red light, but screw me if someone kills my kid? Screw that.

Its a real slippery slope. When would it stop? Look at England where they cant fart without a camera picking up what they did.Then its saved of everything they do. Is that what you want? Its starts out with a foot in the door, then you end up with things like the health care system being forced down our throats. Do you really want to give up more freedoms? It will only be turned against us.

Its a real slippery slope. When would it stop? Look at England where they cant fart without a camera picking up what they did.Then its saved of everything they do. Is that what you want? Its starts out with a foot in the door, then you end up with things like the health care system being forced down our throats. Do you really want to give up more freedoms? It will only be turned against us.

I never said I liked the cameras, recording me, etc. My point is, like it or not....it's out there. We ARE being watched. Maybe we should show England how to use it for more good than bad. All I'm saying is this: It IS POSSIBLE there is footage of a murderer, that may not get caught unless this footage is viewed. If my kid was killed, you bet your bottom dollar I would want that footage looked at. It's there, use it. Don't abuse it.

Like any forum of gun law, it is a slippery slope.

Laws work on a "Well they did it!" rule. Today it is to help catch a murderer. Tomorrow it will be drunk driver. And then it will be J walking. So on, so fourth, until the camera's just roll all the time.

Like any forum of gun law, it is a slippery slope.

Laws work on a "Well they did it!" rule. Today it is to help catch a murderer. Tomorrow it will be drunk driver. And then it will be J walking. So on, so fourth, until the camera's just roll all the time.

I won't deny the fact that I agree.....just saying...the info is there to catch a murderer. If you want that footage to be used for J-walkers, then I guess I know how you're voting this year.... :)

I recall seeing a show about the hunt for who killed a guy in a portable speed trap video van in AZ. There were over a half dozen people who had attacked the camera/van over the course of the day all separately an unaffiliated with the others. One person actually took a pickaxe and stuck it through the camera. If I recall the person didn't think anyone was in the van and shot it up to get even with a ticket he had received from photo radar in the past.
Also recall a law suit in Los Angeles where a guy sued the red light photo company and all govt agencies related to allowing them to operate as his red light ticket caused his divorce - guess he shouldn't have run a light with his mistress in the car.

Regardless the slippery slope argument has its point - if common sense was still as common as it once was we might be less prone to allowing a review board to look into photos for specific scenarios - like child abductions and murder investigations - provided they stuck to that focus and didn't turn it into a witch hunt.

Then again I have an issue with the way DNA sampling is done - the way most states are set up if you are suspected of a felony they can demand a DNA sample - which they put in the database permanently regardless of if you are guilty or not. I know the argument is if you aren't a criminal then why do you care? just a little too much like guilty until proven otherwise instead of innocent until proven guilty.

Yeah and their can't even be used against a smarter fellow in court for their intended purpose.
They don't take a picture of your face along with the license plate number,as zee Germans do.
So,from personal experience,you tell them you weren't driving the car.
Who was? I don't have any idea,as I was in another vehicle. A friend must have borrowed it.
What's the friends name? Could have been a few people,don't know
Since my last name begins with a B,I was not too popular with the judge,being the first guy up there.

The cameras are obviously worthless.

What is the big deal. Haven't you noticed all the cameras on the traafic lights and signs. They are everywhere, you don't really believe they are for traffic analysis do you? Really look around there are cameras everywhere, they already have the ability to see alot, not using the "red light" cameras is a red herring. Here is a question, if they can't be used for criminal activity how can they be used in traffic court for a ticket, seems to me there is no difference. Perhaps someone should bring that up in traffic court.

Jim

What is the big deal. Haven't you noticed all the cameras on the traafic lights and signs. They are everywhere, you don't really believe they are for traffic analysis do you? Really look around there are cameras everywhere, they already have the ability to see alot, not using the "red light" cameras is a red herring. Here is a question, if they can't be used for criminal activity how can they be used in traffic court for a ticket, seems to me there is no difference. Perhaps someone should bring that up in traffic court.

Jim

They will tell you that traffic violations are a civil matter.
If you really want to stick it to the system demand a trial by jury for any traffic infraction. It is your constitutional right .

Yeah and their can't even be used against a smarter fellow in court for their intended purpose.
They don't take a picture of your face along with the license plate number,as zee Germans do.
So,from personal experience,you tell them you weren't driving the car.
Who was? I don't have any idea,as I was in another vehicle. A friend must have borrowed it.
What's the friends name? Could have been a few people,don't know
Since my last name begins with a B,I was not too popular with the judge,being the first guy up there.

The cameras are obviously worthless.

They take a pic of your face and licencse plate down here, at least in Newberg and Sherwood. Luckily, i was driving my brothers car, so he got the ticket, and your hypothetical actually applies. They just ask for a photocopy of the owners drivers license and from my research, they can't ask who was driving the car.....its not YOUR job to issue traffic citations. ;)

The only cog in the wheel at this point is storing and sorting billions of pieces of information gathered every minute. With DARPA/Nasa and the Global Information Grid (GIG) going fully online, that won't be a roadblock.

But no one seems to notice, no one seems to care because the banker media tells you what you should care about and tyranny is not one of those things. The Presstitutes have done their job well.

Better to focus anger on goat herders and cab drivers 7300 miles away. They are the problem. They are out to get you and steal your freedoms.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top