JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I read now after these last two mass shootings that Federal politicians are talking about a federal red flag law. Oregon passed this not long ago? have there been any victims of this yet here?
It was on the drudge report I seen it on. yesterday I believe, and read where Graham supports something like it and Now Trump?
sucks!

I read now after these last two mass shootings that Federal politicians are talking about a federal red flag law. Oregon passed this not long ago? have there been any victims of this yet here?
It was on the drudge report I seen it on. yesterday I believe, and read where Graham supports something like it and Now Trump?
sucks!

yes it has been used in oregon.

"My neighbor drinks a lot and he has a big loud pick up. I'm afraid he will kill some school children if he drives after drinking. Can you take his pick up to the impound lot until he gets his 1 month AA chip?"

Last Edited:
Consider for a moment......

The number of people who have gotten "mistakenly swatted" based on a bogus tip.

Then.....

Do YOU really want RED FLAG LAWS?

Aloha, Mark

Should we remove guns from people who threaten others? If so, do we need a law to make it easier for the courts and cops to do it?

What if the law said once a complaint was made about an alleged dangerous person, the court must hold a hearing within 24 (or 48) hours and allow the accused to give their side of the story? Would something like that work?

Anyone know what gun control laws the Senate may vote on in September?

edit to add: Latest I've heard on the US Senate gun control votes is this, dated August 9:

Which senators should we be writing and calling? Waste of time to contact Oregon senators.

Last Edited:
Several states have them, Florida had a lot of cases this year.
I'm curious if there have been any actual cases of misuse as the tinfoil hat wearers keep claiming or are they actually working?

I noticed that in King Co, not a single request was denied and every case resulted in the
Judge approving the order out to 12 months. 75%, maybe reasonable. 100%? That's fishy.

I'm going to keep calling and writing R senators and Trump because this does not sound good:

From the bearingarms.com link in my comment #11 above:

"The three measures that seem most likely to get a vote at this time are the "red flag" laws, "universal background checks", and a ban on whatever guns would deemed to be "assault weapons". All three are guaranteed approval in the Democrat-controlled House, but whether or not any or all of the three could get 60 votes in the U.S. Senate is still an open question. As more Republicans, voters and politicians alike, express their support for the measures, however, the pressure to "do something" is only going to grow.

As I've said before, it's critical that gun owners contact their members of Congress and their state legislatures right now. Don't wait until September when federal lawmakers return to Washington. As Tom Knighton notes, pro-2nd Amendment groups are talking to the White House, but gun control advocates are flooding congressional offices with calls and emails demanding votes on these anti-gun bills, and your representatives need to hear from you individually as well."

20190902_023244.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top