Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Red flag laws

Reactions
I read now after these last two mass shootings that Federal politicians are talking about a federal red flag law. Oregon passed this not long ago? have there been any victims of this yet here?
It was on the drudge report I seen it on. yesterday I believe, and read where Graham supports something like it and Now Trump?
sucks!

SUPER X

Reactions
I read now after these last two mass shootings that Federal politicians are talking about a federal red flag law. Oregon passed this not long ago? have there been any victims of this yet here?
It was on the drudge report I seen it on. yesterday I believe, and read where Graham supports something like it and Now Trump?
sucks!
yes it has been used in oregon.

Reactions
Several states have them, Florida had a lot of cases this year.
I’m curious if there have been any actual cases of misuse as the tinfoil hat wearers keep claiming or are they actually working?

RicInOR

Reactions
Interesting article. The surveillance state, pressure ot conform - social index - suffering

"“You’re obligated to stand by the party line and to suppress your fellow [subjects] "

"She encouraged the West to not take freedom for granted. Otherwise, we might have to fight for it like the protesters in Hong Kong. "

Last edited:

NW Backpacker

Reactions
Should we remove guns from people who threaten others? If so, do we need a law to make it easier for the courts and cops to do it?

What if the law said once a complaint was made about an alleged dangerous person, the court must hold a hearing within 24 (or 48) hours and allow the accused to give their side of the story? Would something like that work?

Anyone know what gun control laws the Senate may vote on in September?

edit to add: Latest I've heard on the US Senate gun control votes is this, dated August 9:

Which senators should we be writing and calling? Waste of time to contact Oregon senators.

Last edited:
Several states have them, Florida had a lot of cases this year.
I’m curious if there have been any actual cases of misuse as the tinfoil hat wearers keep claiming or are they actually working?
I noticed that in King Co, not a single request was denied and every case resulted in the
Judge approving the order out to 12 months. 75%, maybe reasonable. 100%? That’s fishy.

NW Backpacker

Reactions
I'm going to keep calling and writing R senators and Trump because this does not sound good:

From the bearingarms.com link in my comment #11 above:

"The three measures that seem most likely to get a vote at this time are the “red flag” laws, “universal background checks”, and a ban on whatever guns would deemed to be “assault weapons”. All three are guaranteed approval in the Democrat-controlled House, but whether or not any or all of the three could get 60 votes in the U.S. Senate is still an open question. As more Republicans, voters and politicians alike, express their support for the measures, however, the pressure to “do something” is only going to grow.

As I’ve said before, it’s critical that gun owners contact their members of Congress and their state legislatures right now. Don’t wait until September when federal lawmakers return to Washington. As Tom Knighton notes, pro-2nd Amendment groups are talking to the White House, but gun control advocates are flooding congressional offices with calls and emails demanding votes on these anti-gun bills, and your representatives need to hear from you individually as well."

Reactions

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet

Staff online