JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had one and it was great! I hate to admit it was twenty years ago, and I put one of the earliest Tasco red dot tubes on my Remington 870 with the "police only" folding stock and barrel sawed off to 20 inches to match the extended magazine. I guess everybody has to go through that phase:s0114:.

My point is, that it was supremely easy to aim with that red dot! Even with a cut barrel with no choke, with slugs I could hit milk jugs at a measured one hundred yards, three out of five shots---the other two shots being close misses. Because of the "flinch factor" shotguns are hard to aim tightly, and the tiny, bright red dot makes that easier!

By the way, let me remind anyone considering a shotgun without using a shoulder stock---DO NOT TRY TO AIM IT USING SIGHTS OR SCOPE. My false front tooth will swear to you: no matter how strong you are, you CAN'T hold it, and the shotgun will kick you in the face!...................elsullo :(

For a self defense shotgun of course. My friend has his eotech on his shotgun and for tactical it works quite well. Is it really needed... can't say for sure but it is nice.

Yikes! 12ga will shake that thing to pieces, Glockguy.

You'll want high quality optics. Eotech/Aimpoint/etc.

A Vortex Strikefire isn't too bad, and seems to be a solid cheap optic. Might work out for you

Hahaha, I don't mean to sound like an ***.

"Truglo" makes a similar red dot, that's still pretty cheap, that I've seen on a 12ga. But I don't think it will last very long. I'm sure it'd work for awhile, though.

The zero might wander a bit, so you'll want to check it OFTEN.

NcStar on my 590 Mossy.
Go for it!

I have two of those in a drawer somewhere.

Whoever wants them, can have them. One of them won't start adjusting dot position until you turn the screw two or three times. The other has never been used.

Thought they would work great on a .22. They failed.

Free to whoever wants them! :s0155:

(Wouldn't pay a dime for NC Star crap. Just google NC Star. You won't find anything happy.)

The customer comments on that MidwayUSA link were surprisingly good. Reports of hundreds of rounds of 12 Guage and 44 Magnum shots causing no problems at all. And at that price, who cares if it ages fast!..................elsullo :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top