JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Currently running a Romeo red dot which I love that co-witnesses with my front sight post. I want to put a Juliet or similar 3x or maybe 4x magnifier without removing the post. How bad will the ghosting be? Will it be totally unusable? Still somewhat of an Ar/ optic newbie. 4AA4F985-3D73-4D61-BCBE-6ADA592689C0.jpeg

My recommendation is to try it. I'm not seeing a location, but perhaps there is a member close by you who's setup you could check out.

I personally have a TA01 on a rifle that has a front sight. I've never noticed the sight. Ever.

I suspect that there are other people here for whom the front sight is problematic.

Caveat Emptor, right?

:)

edit - need to check before I say for certain.

Edit: at 3x the front sight will be completely useless and if you have an absolute co-witness the ghosting will be gross. What titsonritz says is the way to go.

Last Edited:
You could try a tall mount that allows you to use irons and red dot/magnifier like the unity tactical. Just an option.

edit - need to check before I say for certain.

Edit: at 3x the front sight will be completely useless and if you have an absolute co-witness the ghosting will be gross. What titsonritz says is the way to go.
Yes, to be clear I don't care about using the front sight with the magnifier, just mainly for the dot

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews