JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know a good place to look for a front sight base for a Marlin 39A? They don't seem to be in stock anywhere I look. I have had this rifle for years and I always shot it with a scope because the front sight base was missing. I'd love to put some nice iron sights on it.

IMG_2541.jpeg

There's probably a good chance the same or nearly same base was used on other Marlin rifles.

I would measure hole separation, then ask for a measurement before buying.

A one-screw base could be used, too.

Bruce

There's probably a good chance the same or nearly same base was used on other Marlin rifles.

I would measure hole separation, then ask for a measurement before buying.

A one-screw base could be used, too.

Bruce
Thanks.

I wonder........

IF it would make a difference.........if it came off of a rile or carbine length barrel? Not to mention, the height of the sight blade (at this point).

Aloha, Mark

Here's the eBay sellers ad description. Very talented seller in my opinion.

"Enhance the accuracy of your Marlin 336, 1894, 1895, 39A, 883, 783, 781, and 782 rifles by installing this high-quality front sight and hood.
This sight and hood combo is designed to provide you with a precise aiming point for your rifle, ensuring that you hit your target with ease.
The sight and hood come with screws that make it easy to install, and you don't have to worry about any modifications to your rifle.
This sight and hood combo are ideal for hunting and sporting activities, and it's a must-have for any rifle enthusiast.
With its sturdy construction and top-notch design, this front sight and hood combo is sure to last you for years to come.

Buy now and take your rifle to the next level."

Here's the eBay sellers ad description. Very talented seller in my opinion.

"Enhance the accuracy of your Marlin 336, 1894, 1895, 39A, 883, 783, 781, and 782 rifles by installing this high-quality front sight and hood.
This sight and hood combo is designed to provide you with a precise aiming point for your rifle, ensuring that you hit your target with ease.
The sight and hood come with screws that make it easy to install, and you don't have to worry about any modifications to your rifle.
This sight and hood combo are ideal for hunting and sporting activities, and it's a must-have for any rifle enthusiast.
With its sturdy construction and top-notch design, this front sight and hood combo is sure to last you for years to come.

Buy now and take your rifle to the next level."
Thanks. I'll check this out.

Does anyone know a good place to look for a front sight base for a Marlin 39A? They don't seem to be in stock anywhere I look. I have had this rifle for years and I always shot it with a scope because the front sight base was missing. I'd love to put some nice iron sights on it.

View attachment 1811172
Google Marlin 39a Parts, and you get a multitude of places to check out.
👍👍

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top