JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone ever tried putting a magnified scout scope out in front of a red dot sight? I have tried red dot magnifier, LPVO and red dot on top of scope set ups, and I haven't really liked any of them.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a LPVO scout scope with a bright center dot? Thanks for any advice on this.

Might have an eye relief problem. I run a PVS14 behind a red dot but it's not even close to what your trying to do. That's a tough one.

I don't think that is a thing that will work. Even if you could get the focus down for both optics, parallax will kill your POA every time you twitch your eye.

You want a scout scope with a reticle that you like. I personally like my Viper 1-4, It has a "high speed" reticle with a cross in a broken circle:

1699421281519.jpeg

So you're looking through the red dot and LPVOat the same time?

Not sure I understand……

Out of the maaany LVPOs I've owned from med-high end price points, the brightest center dot was definitely the Steiner P4Xi with the P3TR reticle. Imho it was closer to daylight bright red dots than any others and also has only the center dot illuminated in the middle of an uncluttered easy-to-use reticle if that is what you are looking for.

So you're looking through the red dot and LPVOat the same time?

Not sure I understand……
I have a number of Leupold LPVO scopes that are conventional scopes that have a button that when pressed illuminates a simple dot (red or green depending on the selected scope) at the center of the crosshairs. If you don't press the button or if you removed the battery (battery dies) they are conventional scopes in every way. In a darker environment such that you can't rapidly view the crosshairs if the dot is turned on they have the function of a (red or green) dot sight.

IMHO Best of both worlds.

Review on one of the ones I have. Shown in the review are two views of the crosshairs one without the dot being illuminated and one with illumination, sane scope.
Review

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany