JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, just stand there defiantly while the helicopter gunship swoops down on you. Don't even try to duck behind a boulder, or run....................elsullo :p

THAT was definitely to stupidest part of that movie. Why not try and take the chopper down while you're at it?? :huh:

Not if you know what you're doing it isn't.

"The body is heavily armored and the titanium rotor blades can resist impacts from .50 caliber (12.7 mm) rounds. The cockpit is overpressurized to protect the crew in NBC conditions."

...Do you believe that?

By the way,
Your name is deceiving.

Encore is running a "Red Dawn" marathon or something.... its playing right now on two different encore channels... its been on at least three other times this month that I know of... whats the deal?:confused::confused::confused: It is a great deal though :s0155:

I thought that movie was ridiculous.
Also, did you know that either the producer or director tried to remove the "gun registration" scene, when the Cuban General said to his officer to go into the gun stores and see who owns weapons.
It was almost excluded from the movie, but either of those two filmmakers said it was too important to leave out. A bit excessive, but good for them. A political statement that still stands today. Talk about progressive thinkers.

"The body is heavily armored and the titanium rotor blades can resist impacts from .50 caliber (12.7 mm) rounds. The cockpit is overpressurized to protect the crew in NBC conditions."

According to the Wikipedia article:

...but the tail was unarmoured and extremely vulnerable to even small arms fire.

Not that I'd want to stand there shooting at one of these suckers with small arms...

Well, you can't just use that small snippet - as the whole paragraph has more relevant information, mentioning the MANPADS...

""Gunship attrition rates were high.[6] The environment itself, dusty and often hot, was rough on the machines; dusty conditions led to the development of the PZU air intake filters. And of course, the rebels fought back whenever they could. Their primary air-defense weapons early in the war were heavy machine guns and anti-aircraft cannons, though they found anything smaller than a 23 millimeter gun generally did not do much more than annoy a Hind. The cockpit was heavily armoured and could withstand even 12.7 mm rounds, but the tail was unarmoured and extremely vulnerable to even small arms fire.""

Considering their track record in Afghanistan and Chechnya, they have proven to be foes that should be avoided at all costs, until they began to use MANPADS.
I can't imagine the kill ratios of military and guerrilla targets... I'll bet it's unbelievable, and that's disregarding the endless numbers of civilians.
...Which is a different conversation.

Naw, those Hind gunship helicopters can't be TOO tough! Why, in a different movie Sylvester Stallone shot one down with an exploding arrow! If only the Wolverines had bows and arrows! Of course, that was after Sly was running through elaborate underground sewers beneath a prison in in rural Afganistan. Uh, huh!.........................elsullo :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top