JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When you guys pocket carry, do you have to re-arrange the items in your pockets to make room for the gun, and if so, where do you move or put everything?

I have a few pocket guns, but I almost never carry them because I already have my front pockets full. I put my wallet and smart phone in my right front pocket and keys in my left front pocket. Knife is in a leg pocket, and leatherman is always on my belt. I would prefer to put the gun in my right front pocket, but that means moving my wallet and cell phone. Chiropractor said to get that wallet out of the back pocket, so I did a few years ago. Now its habit.

I want to be able to throw it in my pocket quick for a quick 10 minute trip to the corner store without "installing" an IWB holster, which sometimes seemingly involves an ordeal.

So, what do you guys do?

Edited to add the IWB part - hopefully to clear up some confusion.

Last Edited:
First off----please don't pocket carry without a holster of some sort. It's amazing
how fast a un-holstered gun can turn muzzle up in your pocket---

I carry a LCP in a Alabama Holster Company kydex pocket holster every day.
Right front pocket.

Keys and knife left pocket. Wallet left rear. Phone in a belt case. When my back
gets irritated by the wallet, I clean the accumulated receipts/business cards/one
dollar bills out of it--

This is my favorite pocket holster.

It is wallet holster by BRAIDS HOLSTERS and you can find on-line and on eBay. I have one for my Taurus TCP and one for my S&W Shield, both with CT lasers. Looks like a wallet in your pocket and shows no imprint. Just grab it and slide it in your pocket like a wallet when going out the door. Very comfortable to wear. Can't feel it at all when sitting in a chair or in the car. It also unsnaps for a pocket holster. Makes it really EZ to carry all the time. I love it and I don't leave home without it!

I have the wallet in the left front,the phone wherever it ends up and my keys are hanging on a belt loop with a clip.Knife in a tool pocket on the side. Some pants have tool pockets wide enough for a phone. Otherwise it's in a cargo pocket
But if there isn't a pocket for the phone I don't care if it's left in the car.:D

Put something besides your pistol in your pocket, holster or not, and sooner or later you are going to regret it. Even if all you do is scratch the finish on the pistol, you're still having to get past the keys or phone to grip the weapon, might grasp both the weapon grip and a part of your key ring at the same time, whatever. It's going to slow you down, at a minimum. I would not want to get a couple of keys jammed behind a trigger or fouled in the housing.

We carry a weapon because we want to be prepared for a dire need, should it arise. So why short circuit ourselves because we don't want to take the time to properly sort out our pocket change and car keys?

Firearms are selfish, they want there own room they do not play well with others.
And when its time to play they want all the attention.

Simple 1 gun, one pocket nothing else. My CC is too big for a pocket but we have smaller one in case the need and use a pocket holster, never loose too dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was commenting to my wife that you guys didn't read my original post before commenting. Why was everybody talking about how I needed to use a holster and having an empty pocket??:confused: I get all that, that's why I made the post - where else am I supposed to put the stuff? :rolleyes:

So, she wanted to read it. Now I get the confusion. Let me edit my original post:

"I want to be able to throw it in my pocket quick for a quick 10 minute trip to the corner store without "installing" an IWB holster, which sometimes seemingly involves an ordeal."

OOPS!:oops::oops:

So yes, I always use a holster. And yes, I am going to have an empty pocket for the gun. I am just trying to figure out how to re-arrange my pockets to put all my crap in. Thus the post.

Thanks for the responses though!:) Sorry for the confusion.

Last Edited:
If "installing an IWB holster" for a 10 minute trip to the store is a big deal, check out Sticky/Remora holsters. Great option and they don't cost too much. They'll even stay in place IWB in shorts/sweats with a draw string and also make great pocket holsters.

When you guys pocket carry, do you have to re-arrange the items in your pockets to make room for the gun, and if so, where do you move or put everything?

I have a few pocket guns, but I almost never carry them because I already have my front pockets full. I put my wallet and smart phone in my right front pocket and keys in my left front pocket. Knife is in a leg pocket, and leatherman is always on my belt. I would prefer to put the gun in my right front pocket, but that means moving my wallet and cell phone. Chiropractor said to get that wallet out of the back pocket, so I did a few years ago. Now its habit.

I want to be able to throw it in my pocket quick for a quick 10 minute trip to the corner store without "installing" an IWB holster, which sometimes seemingly involves an ordeal.

So, what do you guys do?

Edited to add the IWB part - hopefully to clear up some confusion.

I move my wallet to my left front pocket. My LCP in my RKBA Holster are in my right front pocket.

Easy-peasy.:)

I pocket carry in the left front pocket. Knife clipped to the same pocket doesn't seem to be in the way. Right front pocket is keys and chew can. Left rear is wallet and right rear is phone.

Get a vest with a few pockets. that way you have everything in the same place and easy to grab and go, leather preferred (motorcycle vest) but your choice.

If I pocket carry, it's usually when wearing jeans. In that case, the keys and spare change move from the right front pocket to the left front pocket...

Then the right front pocket becomes home to either an XDs 3.3 45 ACP in a wallet pocket holster...

Spare mags in the left rear pocket...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads