JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a second hand die set for .30-06 with two seating dies. One looks like a normal seating die the other says RCBS Hot Shot 44. Anyone knows what it is about? I can't find any info on it or even if it for a .30-06.
It is also shorter than the standard seating die by at least 1/2"
Thanks in advance.

20180923071713-3973.jpg

look here for more info

Thanks for the reply however it is information on the die below I'm after.
I THINK it is for my .30-06 as it looks the same as the other seating die but I can't find anything about it.
Cheers,

Seating #1.jpg Seating #2.jpg

The die you are posting pictures of are the Hot Shot. I think @edzz hit it on the head with his comment.
It's surely not for a 30-06.
I emailed RCBS and they stated they have never stamped dies with Hot shot 44 and have asked for pics, maybe a super rare one off? I'll post their reply when I find out more.

The die you are posting pictures of are the Hot Shot. I think @edzz hit it on the head with his comment.
It's surely not for a 30-06.

edzz was correct, many thanks.

From RCBS:
"The die stamped "44 Hot Shot" is actually what looks to be a custom made die for a customer at some point back in the 80s or before. Unfortunately I believe this to be a Seating die for a cartridge called "44 Hot Shot" which is not a wildcat or anything we make, thus making it most likely custom."

Anyone interested in it?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top