JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a lot of nonsense about how liberals think in this thread. FYI I used to be a liberal and still have liberal friends. Some of them are armed and think about defense much like we do. Others look at the odds and (not too unreasonably) conclude that they don't need to be armed because the chances of running into crime that can't be dealt with by other means (escape, screams, cops nearby, etc) is low enough not to bother. And yes, most of them (just like most here) were indoctrinated in government schools and are still in the process of sorting BS from truth.

It would seem like most liberals I talk to (try not to) truly believe the world is not violent and evil doesn't exist.
I never ran into anyone who thinks evil doesn't exist.

the liberal mentality is that its better to be a victim than to be protected or protect yourself.
I don't think that is true either, or at least it is quite rare. What I do see is almost all liberals in the ruling class putting such ideas out there, but it is a hard sell among ordinary people.

As to acceptable casualties, we all think like that. For example, we all drive cars despite some 30,000 killed every year. Conservatives tend to be more accepting of foreigners killed by US imperialism, than liberals are.

It's not only liberals who suffer from cognitive dissonance.

The goal is to help him to understand that armed citizens and firearms are not threats, and may even save his life.
(The quote above take from the article)

Sounds like a possible focus to get the anti-gunners onboard with reality, their/our fagility and vulnerability to criminals....and that people (well-intentioned people) should have guns....that's why they give them to cops!!!! Who Knew???

...still reading the article, it is long:)

A man tells his wife honey, I am going out side to stand in the street in front of his house, he sees no cars so he goes around the corner and stands in that street, still no cars driving on the street, so frustrated the man drives to the freeway there are three lanes of traffic cars zooming by at 70 MPH. The man waits for a space steps into the middle lane where he is promptly ran over and killed. The police call the husbands wive and says mam your husband was hit by a car. She asks how ? The police say according to witnesses he stepped deliberately into traffic and was hit by a car. And the lady says thats horrible and why we need to outlaw cars and every take the train. My huspand would be alive now if it was not for cars.
This is the analogy of anti-gunners. No your husband was an idiot and died by that cause, the same as antis gunners who would rather be shot and killed then live and defend.

They see no accountability for their actions, but they want accountability for their actions to be paid by someone else. I an not being violent or morbid, if SHTF, anti gun people will die by the the masses, not by pro-gun persons but by government and criminals that see them as the perfect survival tool.

I remember Frogger. Darwin approved!

seinfeld-frogger-o.gif

seinfeld-frogger-o.gif

A man tells his wife honey, I am going out side to stand in the street in front of his house, he sees no cars so he goes around the corner and stands in that street, still no cars driving on the street, so frustrated the man drives to the freeway there are three lanes of traffic cars zooming by at 70 MPH. The man waits for a space steps into the middle lane where he is promptly ran over and killed. The police call the husbands wive and says mam your husband was hit by a car. She asks how ? The police say according to witnesses he stepped deliberately into traffic and was hit by a car. And the lady says thats horrible and why we need to outlaw cars and every take the train. My huspand would be alive now if it was not for cars.
This is the analogy of anti-gunners. No your husband was an idiot and died by that cause, the same as antis gunners who would rather be shot and killed then live and defend.

They see no accountability for their actions, but they want accountability for their actions to be paid by someone else. I an not being violent or morbid, if SHTF, anti gun people will die by the the masses, not by pro-gun persons but by government and criminals that see them as the perfect survival tool.

Most of them (anti-gunners) are sheep and the others are wolves in sheep's clothing...mostly politicians, the wolves...they'll 'pump it' if they feel they can get more votes....they've sold their souls already, why not win more fame and money...but keep their body guards that have (GUNS) to protect them from the citizens that don't have guns or maybe from ???? terrorists...that would get votes, if only a terrorist approached them...big votes no doubt.o_O

Most of them (anti-gunners) are sheep and the others are wolves in sheep's clothing...mostly politicians, the wolves...they'll 'pump it' if they feel they can get more votes....they've sold their souls already, why not win more fame and money...but keep their body guards that have (GUNS) to protect them from the citizens that don't have guns or maybe from ???? terrorists...that would get votes, if only a terrorist approached them...big votes no doubt.o_O
I agree I was more addressing the mental illness most Anti-GUN-liberals have and sadly have no idea how sick and self destructive they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all about the perception of their mental illness, just remember if one person in a room stands up and drinks poison and dies we think they are nuts, and in another room everyone drinks poison but you and dies, who is the different one there? According to liberals you are, and you are the problem and had you offered to drink poison too none-of them would have died. That is how FU their mentally is, its so far away from reality for so long they believe it. To give another perspective I caught a company I was working for years ago stealing from the government and public. I turned them in for their acts right when I found out. I quit my job and went to look for others, future employers were not impressed by my honesty, they were concerned that I would do such a thing. WTF? The job I had pay was awesome benefits were amazing.
I am still am having to settle for not so great jobs because many of the bigger places I qualify to be at are liberal in ownership and they violate every law discussing my leaving and my rights and yet no one cares. That is what we are dealing with and is why they let criminals off light or all together. They think if we just would not label criminals as criminals their would be no crime ? again WTF? RANT OVER !:s0081:

I think dear old Jeff Cooper made a great (and greatly unappreciated) observation those many years ago by pointing out what we're talking about here today.
What I gathered from his teaching is there's really nothing to be done about it and it can't be "fixed"/changed by logic, discourse, the scientific method or even magic.
It just is and is a subject for much wonder.

As a Jew, I find it crazy. There are many reasons for it..too many to go into here.

I have noticed that many Jews are getting more religious, and that
those who are not assimilate away. The more religious a Jew is, the more conservative he
tends to be.

I think as Orthodoxy rises, and secular Jews vanish, you will see the Jewish community
become more and more conservative. It's going to take awhile, but I see that as the end
result.

I think that you are confusing religion and politics and philosophy. It used to be that these things were separate and distinct, but for a couple of generations they have been merging and for the last 10 years the distinction has been totally lost, at least on the Left. Under Obama it reached its current extreme state. Specifically, Liberal and Conservative politics and philosophies were independent of religious perspectives but that has now gone away.

There has always been a strong Christian "flavor" to hard Right politics, and the Lefties in their arrogance and smugness and self-righteousness would always frown and sneer at the Religious Right Conservatives. And the Liberal Jews would most especially do this, and feel all superior about it all. The Conservatives were somehow "stupid" and "unintelligent" and "simple minded" and "misguided". As in ... "Poor things, oh dear, if they weren't so dangerous I would almost feel sorry for them" kind of thing. I have experienced far too much of this condescending crap from my people.

But what the Liberal Jews did not - and do not and will not - realize is that their extreme and inherently self-destructive perspectives have BECOME a fundamentalist religion by itself, and has ceased to be just a philosophy or political attitude. And in the process, these so-called Liberal Jews have ceased being Jews and instead they have become fundamentalist adherents of a new religion called Extreme Progressive Liberalism. They have forgotten their history, they have forgotten where they came from, and they have forgotten what happened to them (or they never really realized it if their families came over long before The Holocaust). They have forgotten who they are. Ergo, their real religion is their new politics.

Yet their sense of entitlement will cause them to be the first in line demanding "protection" and "support" when something bad happens and they realize that they lack the capacity and capability to defend and protect themselves and their families from whatever the "bad" stuff is.

Their perspectives are really a disease, and are a product of the freedoms and almost unlimited resources that have been available in this country for the last 75 - 100 years. A bubble-like time that is unique in human history. Call it a mental illness. I do.

But at least for the Jewish leaders of the extreme far Left, I no longer consider them to be Jews. Instead they are Fundamentalist Liberals who call themselves Jews. And as such they suffer from all of the inherent failures of any and all fundamentalist and fanatic religious adherents.

Here endeth the lecture. Shalom.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads