JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so if people don't want to take responsibility for their own self defense then logically they don't want others to be able to either and would in fact be essential for them.

I like what the article said about projection; projecting one's own unacceptable feelings onto other people, so that one doesn't have to own them. That is... I don't want you to have a gun because it could cause you to shoot someone if your having a bad day.
no wonder these anti gun people get so violently mad when you try to even politely debate the subject with them, it causes them to face their hidden aggression.

I'll admit I skimmed, at best, the rest of the long article.

Excellent and well written article. Absolutely on point. Our country seems to have always had a "culture of victimization" fanned by the political winds of the early 1900's. Unfortunately, the victim mindset has grown into an art form now. Everybody is a victim so teaches our Gubment through the public school system for at least 50 years now. If one does NOT consider themself a victim, well, they are to be mocked, marginalized and feared. Read Alinsky's cr*p. Its all there. Thanks for the thoughtful thread.

That was an excellent article, IMO. I just cannot comprehend the mind set of a person who would just stand there and be shot down, knifed, whatever. I would be fighting with whatever I could use until the lights went out. Back in my youth I used a coal shovel on a much bigger guy intent on doing me serious harm. He offered to kill me, I ran down the alleyway by the boiler-house, picked up the shovel and he just sorta ran into it. It was the definitive F'tang, and it left the maker's brand-name indelibly stamped into his forehead. If I'd been armed, I probably wouldn't have run away, but on the other paw, he would likely be dead instead of being a walking advertisement for Spear & Jackson Fine Tools Ltd, or rather, dtL slooT eniF noskcaJ & raepS.

tac

I hope this doesn't get me banned but I've always found it remarkable that the Jews (God bless them) essentially vote pacifist/democrat.. after nearly being exterminated. odd

I hope this doesn't get me banned but I've always found it remarkable that the Jews (God bless them) essentially vote pacifist/democrat.. after nearly being exterminated. odd

THIS Jew would NOT be joining in THAT decision. Ghetto mindset works just fine for some Jews, MY mindset is more akin to the Warsaw Uprising, though.

I have no qualms about admitting that I am a man of violence - that's what the Queen paid me for for thirty-three years.

tac

THIS Jew would NOT be joining in THAT decision. Ghetto mindset works just fine for some Jews, MY mindset is more akin to the Warsaw Uprising, though.

I have no qualms about admitting that I am a man of violence - that's what the Queen paid me for for thirty-three years.

tac
I hear you my brother and imagine my surprise when I pressed "send"and saw that my favorite champion had just posted while I was composing.
Only very few things bother me and that travesty is one.

I just cannot comprehend the mind set of a person who would just stand there and be shot down, knifed, whatever.

I suspect a lot of people who say this wouldn't actually do so. It's not their rational self speaking, but their worldview.

As a Jew, I find it crazy. There are many reasons for it..too many to go into here.

I have noticed that many Jews are getting more religious, and that
those who are not assimilate away. The more religious a Jew is, the more conservative he
tends to be.

I think as Orthodoxy rises, and secular Jews vanish, you will see the Jewish community
become more and more conservative. It's going to take awhile, but I see that as the end
result.

I, for one, can not imagine that a woman would actually say she'd rather be raped than saved by a person with a gun. The very concept just doesn't compute in my brain.

I wonder if a woman who said that truly means it, or if it just anti-gun rhetoric.

A couple of years ago there was a liberal, anti-gun woman who bought one anyway for self protection that was walking back to her car at night. She was grabbed by a man near an
empty lot in SE Portland and he was trying to drag her to the lot. She managed to get her gun out and he
ran when he saw it. The amazing thing to me was that her parents, obviously super liberals,
were horrified that she had the gun. Never mind that it saved her from certain rape and
possible death, they condemned her for having it. Said she should had just had and used
a "rape whistle". I could not believe they put their gun hatred above the safety of their
daughter.

Last Edited:
It would seem like most liberals I talk to (try not to) truly believe the world is not violent and evil doesn't exist.
This is true mental deficiency. You have a break in your reality.

Believing evil doesn't exist doesn't make you safer.
They want to just believe things are better than they are.

And because we believe in evil and stand ready for it are somehow evil ourselves.

We are not the problem, they are for believing it doesn't exist, it turn allowing it to grow and become stronger.

I suspect a lot of people who say this wouldn't actually do so. It's not their rational self speaking, but their worldview.

While I'm no expert, I believe there is a bid difference in ideology between the Jews who moved to the east coast far before WWII (and ended up being pacifists/progressives), and those who grew up during WWII in/around Europe (more self defense).

Once set has not been exposed to the realities of unarmed self defense on a wide scale. The other has and will not forget.

I, for one, can not imagine that a woman would actually say she'd rather be raped than saved by a person with a gun. The very concept just doesn't compute in my brain.
Not hard for me to 'compute' it in my brain as I have said it over and over - the liberal mentality is that its better to be a victim than to be protected or protect yourself. I believe this reasoning stems from the belief that a certain number of 'victims' of crime are ACCEPTABLE as long as the overall numbers of guns are reduced because if guns are reduced in numbers then there will be less 'preponderance' for a potential of incidental crime with less guns as opposed to more. Its a very 'backward' way of thinking.

I'm not a big fan of Freud and his nonsense, which is what the article is based on. It's good for bamboozling and shaming people, but men should be more concerned with addressing their thinking errors. Antis engage in something called "catastrophizing" in which the worst case scenario looks like the most likely outcome.

That video is an hour and 44 minutes, far beyond what I expect anyone to watch. He is the father of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. There is abundant evidence that CBT works. Freudian analysis sparked the beginnings of CBT. A few researchers really believed that psychoanalysis worked and tried to find evidence that people improved, but wound up discovering that there is no evidence.

It sounds good, but it doesn't really help anyone. Freud was a disaster. I love science and can't stand the veneration of bullbubblegum. Thankfully, his ideas are being swept into history's dustbin and we are moving forward into a time when evidence based practice has become the standard.

It's late. I'm not going to get into the thinking errors of the antis, but I'll give it a go tomorrow while I'm supposed to be working.

There's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much chin-stroking deep-thinking going on here - it is a BASIC human instinct to defend yourself.

Anything less than fighting for your life is simply giving up the only life you'll ever have, at someone else's behest.

In life, there are no second chances. Save it or lose it, but fight for it, dammit.

Nobody is going to take my life from me without it really really hurts them to do it. And I'm fully prepared to do ANYTHING at all to stop them doing it. Who will look after my family if I give up?

Chicken-bubblegum attitude is what I call this 'liberal' stuff that seem to permeate current American thinking, for reasons that I can't even begin to imagine. I'm not used to hearing this sh*t from Americans.

tac

Another issue with the anti-gun mentality is that it has been around for awhile now.
Long enough to prove that old saying that if you say something long enough its got to be true.
Plus when some one is emotionally invested in their thoughts
it is very difficult to present facts or logical thinking to them.
Lots of good ideas and advice in the OP.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top