JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not trying to stir the pot but the culture in the schools create school shooters. We didn't have any school shootings when kids were sent home to home school. It's the schools that need to change in my opinion. They need to build a culture of respect for each other but it's more of an internet-based culture of bullying and hate.

Public schools changing won't happen of course so about the only safe way to raise kids is home school.

God forbid parents actually pay attention to, and raise their children properly.

:rolleyes:
No_Time_Fo_Dat.jpg

And don't be confused or bring race into this simple quip/sarcastic meme picture.

I'd bet that there are some (maybe plenty of) parents who just can't wait until their kids are out of the house and on their own.

I guess the sentiment could be/is also true for some teachers. Move along....go to the next grade....you'll pick it up later.

Aloha, Mark

I USED to think and BELIEVE that arming 'some teachers that were VERY PROFICIENT in their shooting skills' was an outstanding solution but I NO longer believe that would work.

I BELIEVED in the PAST that a teacher or another school OFFICIAL who wanted to do this for school security would be a good idea.

I would NOT FORCE any teacher or school official (I never suggested this in my previous position! EVER!) to arm themselves who did NOT choose to do this as a teacher or in any other capacity.

Which is HOW I always believed gun issues worked for ANY PERSON if they chose to OWN/SHOOT/CARRY A GUN or if they chose NOT to own/shoot/carry a gun. IT is their individual CHOICE TO MAKE. Own one or more firearms OR do NOT own ANY as in ZERO if it is not your THING.

(With that said, I always believed in the SECOND and how it was expected for citizens to defend this country, etc.

I think that from what I have read in the PAST on how Switzerland works when it comes to their gun laws and citizens responsibility is a good thing too.)

I have given this more thought on arming school teachers, willing and WELL TRAINED teachers, and my views changed. NO hate if you disagree with me. Thank you.

It is too long to type on WHY my views changed when it came to specific teachers and others working in a public or private school and if they were WILLING to carry a FIREARM ON THEIR BODY for some school shooting.

I would rather see a teacher or another school worker ARM themselves with a fixed blade knife on their BODY properly carried, having a VERY strong updated pepper spray AND 1 or 2 security school guards who would be ARMED plus screeners used. Screeners = some type of metal detectors at LOCKABLE entrance/exit DOORS.

THE LATEST MICHIGAN MURDERS is one other eff up especially since ALL or MANY OF THE WARNING SIGNS WERE OUT THERE PLAIN AS DAY.

(I still want to know the truth on the Dad's newly purchased pistol (Black Friday purchase.) and IF he had it locked up. Did the murderer BREAK INTO the locked safe or gun cabinet? SEE the MI SHOOTER thread.)

I see NOTHING WRONG if a teacher chooses to HAVE and IS ABLE TO USE an old fashioned BILLY CLUB or modern baton or even a baseball bat by his or her desk TO DEFEND HIS CLASS. ADDED MORE.

And NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SUE THE TEACHER, ANY OTHER OFFICIAL or an ARMED SECURIITY GUARD for defending their students and school too! ADDED MORE.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
If there were a frequent history of mass shootings or stabbings taking place at private daycare centers would you want your daycare provider to have the option of being armed? I would.

If there were a frequent history of mass shootings or stabbings taking place at private daycare centers would you want your daycare provider to have the option of being armed? I would.
I would want them to have in what I mentioned in my Post # 23.

Cate

I have no answer's but research the deadliest school shootings and check out the common thread on where these murdering students acquire the firearms.

What if Adam Lanza's Mother had a gun safe and used it?

What if she had safe...?

What if the shooter knew the combination or had the key....?

What if the shooter made better / different choices...?
What if the shooter cared about the life of others...?

It makes no damn difference if there was a safe or not.

The shooter had a choice....he choose to shoot and kill others..

None of the above is to be thought that I am "anti-gun safe"....'cause I ain't.

I am saying that at the end of the day , the choices we make are ours...and that nothing but you can keep you from making the right or wrong choice.
Andy

What if she had safe...?

I am saying that at the end of the day , the choices we make are ours...and that nothing but you can keep you from making the right or wr
Common sense gun laws do not stop crime.

Common sense gun owners can take a big bite out of it though.
Why support practices that will be used against us by the anti crowd?

Choices?

Likely these recent parents wish they had mads better "choices".
At least one would hope.

Common sense gun laws do not stop crime.

Common sense gun owners can take a big bite out of it though.
Why support practices that will be used against us by the anti crowd?

Choices?

Likely these recent parents wish they had mads better "choices".
At least one would hope.
Where did I support anything to be used by the anti crowd....?
I did not...is the answer.

Use a safe if you want....
A safe however is no guarantee of safety.

I can't say what the 'recent parents " wish...
Since I am only responsible for my choices...and not the ones made by others.
Andy

Lanza's mother did have her guns LOCKED UP.

The one area where she had them locked up was stated in the CT LE, state police, other LE and FBI reports. I followed this story too.

(I believe that there is more to the story too. But I will not go there now.)

Even other witnesses and some people who VISITED HER HOME stated that they were locked up.

I think but I am NOT positive in my memory now that she was SHOT with a 22lr firearm not the OTHER rifle or handgun. I CRS now since I have not read all of this in some time.

SHE WAS AFRAID of her own son and that is a fact so I do not know if she had that 1 gun all by itself in her BEDROOM locked up. The reports were kind of goofy there. I think that she did have a 22lr in her own bedroom.

He was not even talking to her but typing to her. She LOCKED her own bedroom door at night due to her FEAR of her own effed up son. That is another fact.

The LOCKED UP gun statements and even PICTURES of all of this were all over national and international news sites. TONS OF pictures of the INSIDE of her house - big time!

They did not come out right away though. I felt that the Mom should not have been blamed since she was a victim BUT when more came out - I felt that she was to blame for many other things. Later on.

The STUPID, no offense, Mother of Lanza should have NEVER - EVER tried to teach Adam to use a gun safely or to BOND WITH HIM using firearms considering his physical and EMOTIONAL screwed up body and brain. Plus throw in all of those Rx MEDS.

She should have REMOVED all but one gun in her house and KEPT her own personal defense gun in her BEDROOM with absolutely NO WAY that her FREAK SON could get to it. And if she could not have done that - she should have removed it.

She was AFRAID of her own son - that is a fact. She was going to send him to that one school away to another state. ALL of this is on record. OMG - so many stories and pictures.

Plus there is much more to the story but I will not go there or type a THESIS here.

LOL

Heck, I am shocked that she did not LOCK UP all of her kitchen knives and more due to her crazy @@@ son.

I would have a child like that REMOVED from my home ANY WAY POSSIBLE or have his financial whiz Dad and the new wife TAKE the nut job in. And the Dad was VERY involved with the big financial scandals and a RESET of it's own too. But the official REAL NEWS financial investigation, the official court statements and ONE huge financial word escapes me now. I wrote about this elsewhere too.

I did READ the entire CT state police, the FBI's and one other LE official reports ONLINE and some of them came out much later on.

I saw the entire footage LIVE because my husband and I were already UP, drinking coffee with his crazy work 24/7schedule, sleeping hours, days off and he was not retired yet. So I saw them off of the boob tube and off of 2 computers when it all came down.

Cate

What if she had safe...?

I am saying that at the end of the day , the choices we make are ours...and that nothing but you can keep you from making the right or wrong choice.
Andy
THIS is true too.

Thank you.

The reports from the LE agencies and the FEDS said that he BROKE INTO her locked area with her guns. The big area where they were kept.

Cate

Not supporting more common sense gun laws
just
more common sense gun owners.

In WA you can be held liable if somebody steals your firearm and uses it in a crime but not your vehicle.
I get it guys.

Without going into tons of DETAILS HERE.

I know a man who REMOVED ALL OF HIS GUNS from his home prior to a divorce.

(I know more cases like this one - close to this one but this one up close and personal due to reports and legal papers with pictures from all parties involved.)

They were LOCKED UP and he had a LOCKED DOOR to his entire gun room where his guns, his ammunition, his reloading supplies, etc. were kept safe and sound.

He did have a personal gun that he KEPT ON HIS BODY even while at home. Etc.!

When the man LEFT HIS HOME - he safely and legally took his guns to be locked up with a close relative with all of the other gun stuff.

He was ONLY ALLOWED legally to remove his guns and clothing from the house.

Nothing else was legally allowed to be removed and so forth. Bla and bla. COURT PAPERS and according to his own female lawyer and another lawyer.

So he did what he was told and was honest.

But meanwhile the soon to be EX and other parties did not follow what was told to THEM LEGALLY. Go figure, eh?! LOL This involved many goods and other matters.

When he was gone from the home/house, the soon to be ex, her boyfriend or whoever, another relative from the marriage and HER boyfriend moved into the home.

They BROKE DOWN the gun room's door and the final divorce and house settlement were NOT legally completed. Once the house was settled - it was final but that had not happened yet.

The one relative and her boyfriend had NO permission to BREAK DOWN the door nor did the soon to be EX wife. But they did.

When a house inspection was done with the RE agent, well known - other witnesses, the broken down door and all kinds of crapola were discovered IN and out of the house and garage.

The boyfriend tried to start a fight and rushed over telling the RE agent, the man - owner of the house and others that were there Legally and by LAWYER and court ordered RE inspection appointment that they had NO right being in the basement or even filming it because that was where he and the relative were living.

A list of items throughout the house was supposed to be made AND pictures of those things too.

ALL the one man wanted was his guns, his gun gear which were removed, his clothing, his fishing gear and 2 other items.

Those 2 items were stolen from him and his antique wood tool box and tool set from his own late Dad were set into urine and feces! TOTALLY DESTROYED! ON purpose! The main thing that he had from his Dad. He had one OLD rifle from his Dad and he gave that to his older brother. (Dog and cat urine and FECES.) His old headboard was destroyed and nailed onto a garage wall like a trophy from a hunt.

The free loaders and boyfriend moved one or more cats into the house and the dogs were already there.

ONE CALL was made to the lawyer by the man - owner of the house. He walked outside with other well known friends/witnesses and the RE agent. This was explained to the SHACKING UP AND FREE LOADING BOY FRIEND but the boyfriend, one relative who was not there but on a telephone and the EX WANTED TO START SOME SALAMI.

The 'boyfriend' said that he and the ex and the other relative were going to call the Police BECAUSE the RE agent was legally TAKING PICTURES of the entire house including where he was shacking up and living rent/utility free in that house.

I just thought that I would throw that in about people who BREAK INTO and STEAL PRIVATE PROPERTY including some guns if they were present and safely stored.

Good thing that those guns were removed because who knows what would have happened there. It is a sad thing to see where thieves and liars and others of their ILK don't obey the laws with or without any divorce.

One other thing, the soon to be EX witch kept making it difficult and would not RETURN the RE agent's calls and legal papers.

This was done during that time frame and long after even with court orders.

The man who came to do the inspection of HIS own house did NOT carry a gun on his body that day or have one in his vehicle. He almost always concealed carried and did some open carry out of town. Sometimes in town but that was a rare thing.

His vehicle and the RE agent's were NOT even parked close to his own house on purpose. He told all of the witnesses/close friends (Two or three?) and the RE agent not to carry a gun on the day of the inspection of the house.

The FIRST THING that the soon to be EX witch said at the door was that her soon to be EX 'husband' was NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A GUN IN THE HOUSE. The man said that he did not have a gun on him but it would be LEGAL IF he did. So right off the bat, it was that plus with the little plan on having a boyfriend rush over due to a RE inspection. The boyfriend could have been and should have been kicked out in MY opinion but more came out there too. A lot more.

Cate

Last Edited:
In WA you can be held liable if somebody steals your firearm and uses it in a crime but not your vehicle.
Clarifying:
If you report your firearm stolen to LE within 5 days of the theft, then you are not held liable for any crimes committed with it.
It's a sh*tty rule, yes, but it was a (weak) concession by the anti-2As to the pro-2As when that bill was being drafted.

Clarifying:
If you report your firearm stolen to LE within 5 days of the theft, then you are not held liable for any crimes committed with it.
It's a sh*tty rule, yes, but it was a (weak) concession by the anti-2As to the pro-2As when that bill was being drafted.
I voted no on i-693 because of the rest of the nonsense they threw in there.

I voted no on i-693 because of the rest of the nonsense they threw in there.
I vote "No" on any and all anti-gun initiatives and/or legislation purely out of principle, never mind what's in it.
I know that if it comes from the 2A-antis, then there's no point in me even reading what they have to say, so it's an automatic "No" vote from me.

I vote "No" on any and all anti-gun initiatives and/or legislation purely out of principle, never mind what's in it.
I know that if it comes from the 2A-antis, then there's no point in me even reading what they have to say, so it's an automatic "No" vote from me.
Yup.

And this is a shame that I blame on the bad faith of all gun control organizations. Their goal is not whatever any given legislation states. Their goal is to prohibit civilians/non-state actors from possessing firearms. Everything, even ideas that I agree with on their own, is simply another step towards that goal.

bad faith of all gun control organizations. Their goal is not whatever any given legislation states. Their goal is to prohibit civilians/non-state actors from possessing firearms.
That right there!

First off, any discussion where a member uses the term "Common Sense Gun Control" in his suggestions isn't going to have much of a discussion, that's a big red flag here! What needs to happen is the schools need to do better at catching and preventing firearms and other weapons being carried into the buildings, not hard to do, but folks are going to have to swallow a pretty big anti freedom/privacy pill and allow the schools to use metal detectors and security staff with the authority to search students and their property, as well as secured manned entrances to prevent un authorized access ! Sounds pretty draconian, but that's how it's going to be most effective at stopping school shootings!
It seems like in most of these school shootings, but especially this one, there was ample warning that something was going to happen. This could have been entirely prevented even without any draconian measures. It seems he was telegraphing his intentions well in advance.

Apparently, according to reports:
He was reported for behavior issues and was left in class.
He was caught searching for ammo online apparently after other students already voiced suspicions that he was planning something.
He posted several overt and veiled threats on social media prior to the shooting.
Several students stayed home that day because they suspected he was planning something.
A teacher documented his murder drawing and called in his parents for a meeting hours before the shooting.
His parents refused to remove him from school during that meeting.
The gun was apparently in his backpack at the meeting.
No one, not the school or the parents, asked him where the gun was or asked to search his backpack.

With all the signs and advanced warning one has to wonder why they let this happen?

Without going into tons of DETAILS HERE.

I know a man who REMOVED ALL OF HIS GUNS from his home prior to a divorce.

(I know more cases like this one - close to this one but this one up close and personal due to reports and legal papers with pictures from all parties involved.)

They were LOCKED UP and he had a LOCKED DOOR to his entire gun room where his guns, his ammunition, his reloading supplies, etc. were kept safe and sound.

He did have a personal gun that he KEPT ON HIS BODY even while at home. Etc.!

When the man LEFT HIS HOME - he safely and legally took his guns to be locked up with a close relative with all of the other gun stuff.

He was ONLY ALLOWED legally to remove his guns and clothing from the house.

Nothing else was legally allowed to be removed and so forth. Bla and bla. COURT PAPERS and according to his own female lawyer and another lawyer.

So he did what he was told and was honest.

But meanwhile the soon to be EX and other parties did not follow what was told to THEM LEGALLY. Go figure, eh?! LOL This involved many goods and other matters.

When he was gone from the home/house, the soon to be ex, her boyfriend or whoever, another relative from the marriage and HER boyfriend moved into the home.

They BROKE DOWN the gun room's door and the final divorce and house settlement were NOT legally completed. Once the house was settled - it was final but that had not happened yet.

The one relative and her boyfriend had NO permission to BREAK DOWN the door nor did the soon to be EX wife. But they did.

When a house inspection was done with the RE agent, well known - other witnesses, the broken down door and all kinds of crapola were discovered IN and out of the house and garage.

The boyfriend tried to start a fight and rushed over telling the RE agent, the man - owner of the house and others that were there Legally and by LAWYER and court ordered RE inspection appointment that they had NO right being in the basement or even filming it because that was where he and the relative were living.

A list of items throughout the house was supposed to be made AND pictures of those things too.

ALL the one man wanted was his guns, his gun gear which were removed, his clothing, his fishing gear and 2 other items.

Those 2 items were stolen from him and his antique wood tool box and tool set from his own late Dad were set into urine and feces! TOTALLY DESTROYED! ON purpose! The main thing that he had from his Dad. He had one OLD rifle from his Dad and he gave that to his older brother. (Dog and cat urine and FECES.) His old headboard was destroyed and nailed onto a garage wall like a trophy from a hunt.

The free loaders and boyfriend moved one or more cats into the house and the dogs were already there.

ONE CALL was made to the lawyer by the man - owner of the house. He walked outside with other well known friends/witnesses and the RE agent. This was explained to the SHACKING UP AND FREE LOADING BOY FRIEND but the boyfriend, one relative who was not there but on a telephone and the EX WANTED TO START SOME SALAMI.

The 'boyfriend' said that he and the ex and the other relative were going to call the Police BECAUSE the RE agent was legally TAKING PICTURES of the entire house including where he was shacking up and living rent/utility free in that house.

I just thought that I would throw that in about people who BREAK INTO and STEAL PRIVATE PROPERTY including some guns if they were present and safely stored.

Good thing that those guns were removed because who knows what would have happened there. It is a sad thing to see where thieves and liars and others of their ILK don't obey the laws with or without any divorce.

One other thing, the soon to be EX witch kept making it difficult and would not RETURN the RE agent's calls and legal papers.

This was done during that time frame and long after even with court orders.

The man who came to do the inspection of HIS own house did NOT carry a gun on his body that day or have one in his vehicle. He almost always concealed carried and did some open carry out of town. Sometimes in town but that was a rare thing.

His vehicle and the RE agent's were NOT even parked close to his own house on purpose. He told all of the witnesses/close friends (Two or three?) and the RE agent not to carry a gun on the day of the inspection of the house.

The FIRST THING that the soon to be EX witch said at the door was that her soon to be EX 'husband' was NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A GUN IN THE HOUSE. The man said that he did not have a gun on him but it would be LEGAL IF he did. So right off the bat, it was that plus with the little plan on having a boyfriend rush over due to a RE inspection. The boyfriend could have been and should have been kicked out in MY opinion but more came out there too. A lot more.

Cate
I made an error in this post. Apologies.

"ALL the one man wanted was his guns, his gun gear which were removed, his clothing, his fishing gear and 2 other items.

Those 2 items were stolen from him and his antique wood tool box and tool set from his own late Dad were set into urine and feces! TOTALLY DESTROYED! ON purpose! The main thing that he had from his Dad. He had one OLD rifle from his Dad and he gave that to his older brother. (Dog and cat urine and FECES.) His old headboard was destroyed and nailed onto a garage wall like a trophy from a hunt."

~~~

The man did WANT and legally (According to the LONG court order and from what his 2 lawyers stated.) did take - REMOVE ALL of his knives, his hunting gear, his fishing gear and his radio alarm clock.

He did want and take his OLD TRUCK with high mileage on it too.

He did remove ALL of his guns, gun gear, reloading supplies, ammunition, gun books AND his clothing as I stated in my previous post.

Thank you.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews