Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

questions from a young shooter

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Eagle_Adam, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Eagle_Adam

Eagle_Adam Portland Oregon Member

hay guys i have a question for you, i just picked up an "aimshot" green laser sight for my 9mm taurus 24/7 pro. i have been able to get it fairly well dialed in from what i can tell. my question is what is the best way to make sure that my new laser sight is well sighted properly?

2. kirkcdl

kirkcdl Roseburg,ORYGUN Member

When it makes a hole where the dot was,it's dialed in.What distance is up to you,but most use either 25 or 50 yards for handguns,and 100 yards for long guns...

3. rayd8

rayd8 Formerly Portland, now Alabama! Member

+1

4. Rackir

Rackir Gresham, or Member

I can see 2 ways of doing this, 1) set the gun up on a machine rest and dial it in. That way you know the laser is dead nuts in line with the point of impact. Problem is that you may not shoot like a machine rest can.
    So 2) Set up the laser strictlly by hand shooting so it's set to compensate for a certain amount of "user error" on your part. If you tend to pull a little to the right, your laser will be set a little to the right to accuratlly reflect where you are liklly to put the round and thereby force you to compensate.

5. caliber bob

caliber bob Yamhill County, OR. Member

That is a good gun, I own three of them:thumbup: between 25 and 50 yards is good.

6. Eagle_Adam

Eagle_Adam Portland Oregon Member

Thanx guys, i got it dialed in today at the range. rackir your second option was what worked best for me!