JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There is a Sig that's been on Gunbroker "forever." I have no idea how many times the auction has renewed without selling, but a bunch of times.

Here it is. Link

I believe that's the P225/P6 or something ?? and it looks really clean to me. Now, that gun is real close to me. I don't know what dealer has it, but it has to be one of about 3 in Central Point. If it doesn't sell this time, I'm thinking about asking where he is and having a look at it, and maybe making an offer on it in person.

Has anyone shot this model? How's the trigger? Is it reliable? Is it worth most of $400? If not, how much?

Would you want one? If not, why?

Thanks. :s0155:

I own a P6, great pistol. They originally were selling at $249.00 a year or so ago but since then the prices have shot up because of thier popularity. These are used German police pistols. I bought mine for $339 last year. My advice to you is for the $400 price or a few bucks more get a Sig SP2022. Look at Buds Guns or CDNN, you can call CDNN, look at thier webpage. These are new Sigs with nite sights, super pistols. Go to the Sig forum and check it out. Someone onthe forum justa few days ago said they had some new Sig Pro Sp2022'sfor $399.00 Bill

i've had the 225 and if it was me i would go with a 239 in 9mm.
mags are still expensive for the 225 and replacement grips are not really easy to find. 239 is a easy one to find just about anything for. including a threaded factory barrel for 100.00 from cdnn.
i just scored a 239 in like new condition for 400.00 at a local gun show with 2 mags and case,manual:s0155:
i have several sigs and the 239 is one that will be carried.
the other favorites are the 228 and 220 both west german. my least favorite has to be my 230 stainless it likes to bit but i keep it around for the wife.;)

Guys, thanks for the replies. I don't need another gun. Oh wait, I always need another gun. What was I thinking? :D

I'm going to pass. I remember them selling for $250 but the ones I saw at the very least had a lot of holster wear. This one appears to be a lot nicer than those I saw.

Anyway, since no one is enthusiastic about it, I'll just forget it. :s0155:

That price would have been great 3-4 years ago. It would have been a crappy price a couple of years ago. Right now its an okay but not great price, but it does look to be in very nice shape, so that might be worth something. A couple of years from now it will be a great price. The P225, which is what the P6 is, is my favorite sig, I like the slimmer grips, and for some reason I bought a ton of mags when they were cheap. Before the P6's came in, I paid about $450 for my P225's.

As a local gun, it might be worth it, figure for ordering one $300 wholesale plus $30 shipping plus $30 transfer fee for something that might not be in as good a shape. Paying all that on a $400 gun not so much. Eagle Point is fairly out of the way, he could spend a lot more in gas trying to get a good deal than just buying a more expensive gun locally, though Medford is not too far away. One thing I did notice is he undercharged a bit for the shipping, probably making the base price of the gun a little higher.

The 239 is a nice gun, and is in current production/distribution, but it is one of those buns you either love or hate, I suggest handling one first.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top