JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Make sure if you have Everclear you know the better "Flavor Essences"
I have found several that are very good. Very Good Gin, Canadian Whiskey and Rum.

I got a bunch of Mini's and am picking up a case of 5ths, Everclear 190 proof, gonna open the case and repack around the bottles with a little extra cushion, crumpled up news paper.

When I do that, I will pick up another 40 or 50 mini's, I call minis shock treatment 101

My Favorite is Makers Mark; however I made a batch that was in some ways superior ... smoother - 90 proof and had varying different notes and flavors.
Took 2 months of soaking Everclear with the proper blend of ingredients.

I wanted to age it ... but it was so good ... it is long gone. ~24 500ml bottles worth.

My thinking is though Everclear is strong and thus a compact source of ethanol it will be too similar to Moonshine that will become much more common as stills spring up and people start making their own alcohol. I believe that another way of preparing is to stash stuff that is NOT easy to make. Aged Whiskey is what I am thinking. Makers, Jack, Crown and yes some cheaper stuff too for the less discerning palates. I think there will be a place for popular brands of whiskeys but ,as many have noted, cheap stuff has it's place as well.

I went to get the case of Everclear 190 proof this evening and guess what they did not have any more cases on the floor or in the back room, so they are going to order me a sealed case and call when its in.

Anyways I got the bottle of blackberry brandy 750 ml recommended here, a bottle E&J aged extra smooth Brandy 375 ml, a Barefoot Mascot 3 yr aged in Oak 375 ml, and another 35 Mini's.

Oh yeah four 5 liter Boxed red wine I like to have a glass in the evening's the other stuff is for medicinal purposes, trade, shock treatment, cash and look the other way ;);) sitiations

These are all very very good. (I have tried a lot of different ones)

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Their Bourbon essence is just OK ... (Too much a Glycerine taste) if you get heavy toast oak chips <broken link removed>
Or do some tweaking with a torch white oak a little brown sugar and fake vanilla (vanillin) then you are likely to be able to use the canadian whiskey essence and make a nice Bourbon tasting whiskey.

Rum can be tweaked with a touch of dark molasses.

Always cut whiskey after the "everclear" has drawn out the vanillin and flavors from the wood as 80-90 proof won't work ... must be over 140 proof to draw out the flavors.

That Model is a little sloppy with the fores and tails.
Do a Triple and separate them out for their own triple to get a center swath of clean goodness.
Don't need to toss much till run #3.
Tossing all the fores and tails is a myth on run #1.
Don't forget the charcoal for the smooth.

Otherwise it is headacheville.

Or So I have heard.

I own a turbo still crap load of sugar and generator. I will be making Moonshine for trade goods. 5 Gals of wash produces 1 gal @ 95% purity.

I Likey

Here is a basic recipe for the legendary apple pie moonshine. It’s really easy to make, and you don’t even need moonshine (though you can’t really call it apple pie moonshine if you don’t use moonshine.)

Ingredients:

1 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter bottle of Everclear

Directions

In a large stock pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
Bring it to a boil, then take it off the heat and allow it to cool.
Add the liter of high proof liquor.
Pour this into mason jars, put the lids on, and let it mellow out. You could drink it right away, but it does get better after a couple of weeks.

This recipe makes about 9 quarts of apple pie moonshine. You could easily cut this recipe in half if that is too much.
Warning! Apple pie moonshine will sneak up on you! This stuff is so smooth and tasty. Use with CAUTION!

Already have two gallon bottles of Everclear 190 in storage.

I prefer a glass of Australian Potato Vodka.
It's $9.99 for 750ml at Trader Joe's in CA.
Same bottle at the Oregon State Liquor Store (Only place to buy booze in Oregon)? $15.99
Last time I went south to Redding, I bought three cases of the Vodka. That will last a year or so. Hopefully by then I can make my own.

If you know someone who is retired / in the military they can get most items at the class six on base, the class fall under federal law not state, so state where everclear or whatever is not available for sale anywhere else in the state my have cases at the class six :cool:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top