JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Note the HIGHLIGHTED section. . . .

It would appear that glove box carry of a loaded pistol is illegal in WA State, even if a CCW holder is in the vehicle. Note Part (i) and Part (ii) are joined qualifiers, not individual qualifiers.

NO, no, no.... (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times the pistol is there, It does not matter where the loaded pistol is as long as the CPL holder is in the vehicle. Parts (I) and (ii) are NOT joined qualifiers in any way shape or form!

Dave Workman, where are you!

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I have a copy of the actual opinion from the AG's office on this, it's in a .pdf format so you need a .pdf reader to see it.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Attachments

• Guns in Vehicles.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 226
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I have a copy of the actual opinion from the AG's office on this, it's in a .pdf format so you need a .pdf reader to see it.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Thanks for posting that, Deen. I've heard and read it argued with vigor from both sides, this gives me a bit of clarity and peace of mind.

Thanks Dean! It seems that the "and" separates 2a from i, ii and iii together as group, and that i, ii and iii are all disjunctive ("or") to each other. Sort of like this:

A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and either:

The pistol is on the licensee's person,

-or- the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there,

-or- the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top