JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just purchased a browning A-Bolt in 300 wmg that needs a scope. I am looking at spending about $275-$300 for a scope. I want a 4-12x40 and have been looking at Leupold VX-I with the long range reticle. My question is... is there enough discount in buying a scope used to justify not buying used?? and any thoughts on scopes that would be in my price range?? I am partial to leapold because of the warranty and the ability to take the scope directly to them if it malfunctions but am open to suggestions.

thanks in advance--John

Personally because of the conditions a scope generally goes through (shock, vibrations...) I would rather have new. Unless you can find an amazing deal for a like new scope.

You might want to check out the Redfield 4-12x40. They are $220 and made by Leupold, Personally I couldn't see any light transmission differences between the vx-1 and the Redfield. You also get their awesome warranty from Redfield/Leupold.

Yep, Redfield (leupold-redfield) is an awesome value. I picked up a 2-7x33 for $130, it is sweet on my little .308. They have a 3-9x40 and 4-12x40 that might be better on a magnum action.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top