JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just purchased a browning A-Bolt in 300 wmg that needs a scope. I am looking at spending about $275-$300 for a scope. I want a 4-12x40 and have been looking at Leupold VX-I with the long range reticle. My question is... is there enough discount in buying a scope used to justify not buying used?? and any thoughts on scopes that would be in my price range?? I am partial to leapold because of the warranty and the ability to take the scope directly to them if it malfunctions but am open to suggestions.

thanks in advance--John

Personally because of the conditions a scope generally goes through (shock, vibrations...) I would rather have new. Unless you can find an amazing deal for a like new scope.

You might want to check out the Redfield 4-12x40. They are $220 and made by Leupold, Personally I couldn't see any light transmission differences between the vx-1 and the Redfield. You also get their awesome warranty from Redfield/Leupold.

Yep, Redfield (leupold-redfield) is an awesome value. I picked up a 2-7x33 for $130, it is sweet on my little .308. They have a 3-9x40 and 4-12x40 that might be better on a magnum action.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top