JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys, I've been around for awhile, mostly just reading and learning - not much posting.

Anyway I've got some stuff I'd like to sell but I can't seem to find out how to post in the classifieds. I sense I am missing something basic here, and don't know what it is. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

for instance if you wanted to post a rifle for sale. click on the forum link at the top of the page, scroll down to "Rifle Classifieds" click it. above the first classified ad there will be a "Post new thread" link.

And you will need to select the correct prefix when posting the ad. There is a selection drop down which you can pick from things like WTT/WTS OR which means want to trade or sell Oregon only.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys for the quick responses and suggestions.

Problem is that there is no link or window with "Post new thread" for me when I go to the classifieds, and only the classifieds. That link is on any of the other threads I visit, but not the classifieds. I can click the appropriate category and read the ads posted, but there's no option on any classified thread allowing me to add a new thread. Is there perhaps a forum requirement that I must have a certain number of posts or discussions before I can use the classifieds?

That was the case on another forum I joined. As I mentioned in my OP I have been lurking here for awhile, but not posting very much.

No, there's no limiting based on post count. There are plenty of ads that get posted by people with no previous posts. What I suspect is happening is that you are clicking on one of the "Quick Searches" instead of the category. By Quick search I mean "Handguns in OR", "Handguns in WA", etc. instead of just clicking on HANDGUNS (or rifles if a rife to be posted, etc.)

No, there's no limiting based on post count. There are plenty of ads that get posted by people with no previous posts. What I suspect is happening is that you are clicking on one of the "Quick Searches" instead of the category. By Quick search I mean "Handguns in OR", "Handguns in WA", etc. instead of just clicking on HANDGUNS (or rifles if a rife to be posted, etc.)

:s0155: That was it. Got the "Post New Thread" box now. Thanks!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top