JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's pretty hard to really see what your talking about with the pics you posted. A pic of the entire upper might help more. As for the handguard, all the free floating forearms/handguards/tubes I've seen attach to the barrel nut and that's it. What you have is one of the free floating tubes by YHM...here's a link to their website, and maybe you can narrow down which one you have.

Forearms : YHM, Yankee Hill Machine Co., Inc. | Makers of High Quality Firearms, Accessories & Sound Suppressors, Makers of High Quality Firearms, Accessories & Sound Suppressors

Oh, and by the way...if it is one of the YHM free floating tubes, you're fine. It's suppose to be like that.

I have the yhm lightweight one and it came with the endcap. You can buy them from yhm http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_4_51&products_id=26
Judging from the pics it looks like your foreend doesn't cover the gas block however, so you'll probably need to knock off the gas block to install an end cap since they are 1 piece. Personally I'd leave it as-is and just make sure the handguard is tightened properly.

It's totally normal to have some flex. (Free floating rail)

If it rattles or twist, then Barrel nut/rail bolts are loose. I recommend to use new barrel nut, do not re-use.

I have a set of the plastic forearm hand guards, off of my DPMS std 16' upper. They can be yours for $15, and WE can snap them in if you have the front ring in place and the rear spring retainer.. thanks, Sandy 503-293-0714

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top