JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My old girl has 30" Krupp tubes, ejectors & weighs 6lbs with 0.012 & 0.024 chokes (improved cylinder and improved modified). with 1-1/8oz loads she kills as good or better than a comparable 12ga and carries and points MUCH faster. I talking normal heavy upland loads, not 3" mags in the 12ga or super heavies. For an upland game gun, they really do carry like a 20 and kill like a 12, best of both worlds. It is NOT pleasant to shoot clays with and certainly isn't a waterfowl gun. With that load in a 16ga, the shot goes out almost "square" rather than the longer column of a 20ga or shorter 12ga stack of pellets. I'm getting ready to to an upgrade as she is showing her age.

My old girl has 30" Krupp tubes, ejectors & weighs 6lbs with 0.012 & 0.024 chokes (improved cylinder and improved modified). with 1-1/8oz loads she kills as good or better than a comparable 12ga and carries and points MUCH faster. I talking normal heavy upland loads, not 3" mags in the 12ga or super heavies. For an upland game gun, they really do carry like a 20 and kill like a 12, best of both worlds. It is NOT pleasant to shoot clays with and certainly isn't a waterfowl gun. With that load in a 16ga, the shot goes out almost "square" rather than the longer column of a 20ga or shorter 12ga stack of pellets. I'm getting ready to to an upgrade as she is showing her age.
I lost a leg to a rag head so can't walk up roosters anymore. I have been thinking of following the Brittany on an atv. This 16 ga might be just the gun?

But it carries like a 20 and hits like a 12!
Not Necessarily!
Below is a pic of my 20 gauge and my brother's 16 gauge.
My gun carries much easier over the course of a day's hunting than his.

full.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top