JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Burris 2-7x handgun scope that I use mainly as a Scout Scope on rifles.

I really like Scout Scopes, but I want the long eye relief of the handgun scope as it allows me to mount it as far forward on the rifle as I need it. Most of the purpose built Scout Scopes don't have the necessary eye relief to mount them as far forward as I like - i.e., rear ocular lens at least an inch forward of the action. IMO that mounting placement is necessary to get one of the major features of a Scout Scope; that it should in no way interfere with the action of the rifle/shotgun.

I am getting a bit tired of switching the one scope I have around and sighting them in again, so I want to get some more scopes.

The 2x-7X is okay, but I want the lowest power I can get at the low end, and I am willing to sacrifice the upper end power to do that.

I can't find very many quality handgun variable power handgun scopes that start at 1x or 1.5x - at least not in brands I trust (i.e., no cheap Chinese crap like NCStar).

The only one I have found is a 1.5x-4x Weaver:

Weaver - Classic Handgun Scopes - Optics for revolvers & pistols

And it has a small 20mm objective lens.

I suppose if that is all I can get then that will have to do, but I thought I would ask first if I am missing a brand/model I can't find.

I know Leupold sells a 1-6x Scout Scope if you special order it and are willing to wait and pay extra for it, but its eye relief would not put it far enough forward for me.

Suggestions?

I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KIDPKVI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AccuShot 36 Color Mil-Dot 1-4X 28 30mm Long Eye Relief Scope

Yes, it is a low end, and the "quality" is questionable - some people think they are "crap", some people have had varying experience with them, and some people have had decent experience with them.

I got a used "return" scope for ~$125, with QR rings, so we'll see. I have an Enfield in .308 (Ishapore) that has a short barrel and is relatively light, with a scout scope mount, so that should be a decent test bed to see if it works. If it falls apart I can just return it to Amazon for my money back. If it works I will rinse and repeat as I am a big fan of scout scopes and I have several rifles setup that way waiting for a low power variable with long eye relief.

Got it Tuesday.

Kind of a decent scope, but it is hard to tell.

Problem is I have to return it.

1) No battery came with it even though it was labeled as having one.

2) I took a battery from a red dot scope and used that. The scope worked intermittently then stopped working altogether. The illumination was okay, but I didn't get to try it very much.

3) I couldn't mount the scope. They sent 1 inch rings with a 30mm scope. :rolleyes:

So overall a bit frustrating. :mad:

Amazon said they inspected and it worked. How could they have done that without a battery?? :eek:

The turrets have a locking ring on them. You unlock the ring and you can adjust the point of aim. Seems to work okay, but the quality of the scope is about what you would expect for the price. It was made in China.

I am going to order a new one and try that out. Hopefully that one will work and come with the right rings and battery.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top