JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just head south on Elm Street out of Sisters and you will find the trail head on the right side as you head up the mountain towards Three Creeks Lake. It is well marked. It is pretty popular and will have quite a few people there in pretty much any season. There is a fair amount of cross country skiing and snow machine activity there, right now there is not much snow.

If it has been a while since you have been there, don't be surprised at the numbers and "type" of people there, Sisters attracts the trendy and hipster crowd pretty much year around.

Im in Sisters a couple times of year. It has changed a lot.
I was young and dumb on that particular trip that i went with friends and didnt pay attention to the directions.
We didnt see anyone for the 5 days we were camping down in the canyon. We had to drive to the trailhead on some scrub and juniper covered trails.

Just to the South and West some of where Zeke is showing you have Barlow rd/NF3550 that follows the White River for the most part. We found that when we were out looking for morels. We didn't find morels, but we sure found some incredible places to do exactly what you're looking for. There are some small camp grounds, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, with tables, fire pits and toilets, with water nearby. Really made me wish I still had it in me to do what you're talking about. We've been on that road a couple of times with our CR-V and had no issues. Mostly dirt roads so chain saw and some rope may be in order this time of year. The area might be a little high for this time of year though at 3000' +/-.
Yep, I sometimes take NF 42 east off of Hwy 26 to get to the ranch instead of going on down to Hwy 216 and going through Pine Grove. The area north of Pine Grove is great for turkeys. There are primitive campsites inside the White River Wildlife Area going north out of Pine Grove, BTW. There are hundreds of miles of paved NF roads off of 42. Keep going east on NF42 and you pass Rock Creek Reservoir and come out at Dufur.

Thanks again all!

Decided to go west on the coastal range so I don't have the chance of getting stuck somewhere and missing the start of school on Monday the 8th. Picked a spot in the Siuslaw Natnl Forest off a spur. Oddly enough I have darn good cell reception here so a little evening browsing of northwest firearms is in order.

Thanks again all!

Decided to go west on the coastal range so I don't have the chance of getting stuck somewhere and missing the start of school on Monday the 8th. Picked a spot in the Siuslaw Natnl Forest off a spur. Oddly enough I have darn good cell reception here so a little evening browsing of northwest firearms is in order.
Sorry, but I just gotta say this,...

Hang up and go live.

Take some pics.
Put the sneak on some wildlife.
Get wet.
Shoot somethin'!

I would, and I'd know my friends at NWFA would understand.
We can get along withoutcha for a few days, as long as you have a story to tell when you come back.

So,...
Bye now, seeya next week!

PS: I'm jealous as hell, but there's commitments in my life ATM.

I always dreamed of doing something like this. I envisioned loading up the truck, w/canopy, leaving a note for the wife that I went East into the Cascades, and I'd be back in two days to a week. All those roads between Mt Hood NF, Willamette NF an Deschutes NF. Some freeze dried food, beer, and litttle brook trout for food. Never did it though. I'm envious Mr Dyjital!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews