JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No. You would have to get one and find an AK smith to take on the project. Northernborn rebel, a member on this sight and sponsor, just cut one down to 13.5" and silver soldered a 3" FH. Looks like fun but I wouldn't bet on it for a SHTF rifle.

SF-

There are several models of shortened PSLs available.

TGI made one called the Para, you might be able to find a used one on Gunbroker.

Atlantic Firearms currently distributes ons called the Waffen Works AK 54r:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct886.aspx

Personally, I can't think of a better design that allows for both the the compactness and durability of an AK plus the use of a full-sized battle cartridge. The only thing I can think of that might pack more punch is this (which is being delivered to me via my local FFL this upcoming Friday :) ):

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct776.aspx

Keith

Thanks, ide like to get an AK and one of these. Just for some higher power if need. My plan is to get a nice AK and a shortend PSL, and I have my Draco Pistol. Do they make drum mags for PSLs?

As far as I know, there are only 10 round magazines for anything in 7.62x54r.

Keith

+1

years ago somebody had converted MG42 drum mags for .308 which if you can find one of those they go for around $800.00. I am sure somebody really smart and talented could do something like that for a PSL but that big @$$ rimmed cartridge would give you a head ache.

Are you wanting sustained rate of fire or accurate fire? As thin as that barrel is I wouldn't expect much in accuracy after series of rapid shots.

SF-

you can also cut and weld 2 psl 10 rds mags and make a 18 rounder a bit of work and you have to be a good welder to make it pretty.

someone is gonna have to come out with some hi cap mags someday

you can also cut and weld 2 psl 10 rds mags and make a 18 rounder a bit of work and you have to be a good welder to make it pretty.

someone is gonna have to come out with some hi cap mags someday

bren mags work easier then welding two together, but if you do match two 10's by welding you still need the m14 springs ot make it feed o-k...

Yeah, just confirmed 20rd mags coming from Waffen Werks, told me to keep my mouth shut but I'll be bad today ;)

He wouldnt say which company is making them though. Dont you guys go and start bugging them and getting me caught! :)

Alright fair enough... at least your dream rifle is more likely to become available for people to buy here.

Then again, for a while there was a lot of doubt there would be ever a 5.45x39 Saiga, and those eventually did come onto the market here. So maybe there's hope for an x54R yet.

This is an interesting post and I am a fan of the 7.62x54r, but what is the benefit of cut down PSL over a 16" Saiga in 308? You can pick them up for less than 600.00. Then convert them if you want a pistol grip. I do like the way a PSL looks, so that counts for something, but much of the 7.62x54r stuff out there is corrosive. Most 308 is not. The performance of the two rounds is very similar, but 308 is more common. Is the PSL worth the extra money? Or is it just users choice?

Alright fair enough... at least your dream rifle is more likely to become available for people to buy here.

Then again, for a while there was a lot of doubt there would be ever a 5.45x39 Saiga, and those eventually did come onto the market here. So maybe there's hope for an x54R yet.

Dont get me wrong, a x54r Saiga would be superior, but I hear that they never really were all that gung-ho on the idea, and arent they going bankrupt?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top