JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got the first parts kit I order today. I got to say they look top-notch. Quality seems fantastic. The Zhukov parts are really trick. Nice adjustable side folder that works really slick

I got the first parts kit I order today. I got to say they look top-notch. Quality seems fantastic. The Zhukov parts are really trick. Nice adjustable side folder that works really slick

Did your bolt come complete? I have a stripped bolt that came with my receiver but no firing pin, extractor or pins. :(

Guess I'll put in a call monday

I didn't look at the bolt. I did see on AR15.com that kits being short parts seems to be a real problem. Everyone who posted there seemed to be short stuff in kits. I was waiting till I got my receiver till I really worried about it but I'll check the bolt tomorrow when I am at the shop

Rest of the parts were there. I ended up getting some magpul furniture local. There are some definite tight fits. The dust cover needed to be pounded in place with a rubber hammer. The front site lug is a bit too tight to be pounded in. Ill work on it with the dremel. The upper hand guard retaining bits seemed to be clamped after installing to prevent removal. I didnt spent too much time hitting it with a hammer before stopping to prevent damage.

any suggestions for break in other than shooting it? The bolt is too tight to pull back by hand, I have to hit it with a rubber hammer to get it to start moving. functions well, just metal on metal tightness. Once my hand stops hurting I'll try and cycle it a few more hundred times.

And thanks to the Russians for making a hammer spring that is also a flesh tearing torture device. :mad:

CENL2An.jpg

If it was mine (which it sounds like I will be doing the same thing) I would work the parts in with some fine Clover lapping compound. It shouldn't take much to work the parts in glass smooth.

As for putting together the parts did you have a diagram or do you just have enough AK experience to know how everything goes? I am a bit apprehensive about getting started as I simply am not an AK guy and I have nothing sitting around to use as an example. I'm sure I can figure it out but It would be nice to have some guidence

If it was mine (which it sounds like I will be doing the same thing) I would work the parts in with some fine Clover lapping compound. It shouldn't take much to work the parts in glass smooth.

As for putting together the parts did you have a diagram or do you just have enough AK experience to know how everything goes? I am a bit apprehensive about getting started as I simply am not an AK guy and I have nothing sitting around to use as an example. I'm sure I can figure it out but It would be nice to have some guidence

This is my first AK. I've never even looked inside one. very similar mechanism to an AR in the trigger group, just a lot more space and more old fashion feeling. You will recognize everything once you see how it goes together.

Hammer and hammer spring are just a matter of getting it the correct direction. Use a zip tie to hold the ends of the spring in place. That sucker hurts when it comes loose. Then one pin to hold in the hammer, one pin for the trigger parts just like an AR. safety goes in last. and then a piece that goes on the side to hold the pins in place. That's like 8 parts in the trigger group. Only one way to put in the bolt so no way to mess that up. upper hand guard goes on just like a SKS.

Actually thinking about it. Its like an SKS with big clunky Ar trigger group.

This is the video I used. the first spring part he put in is not in the kit. Our kit has a flat piece of metal that holds the pins in which goes in last. See how he wrapped up the hammer spring. Definitely do that.

After hitting the bolt back with a rubber hammer about 100 times, I can cycle it now. Very Russian.

PSA is sending out the bolt parts to me today, sounds like they had a few go out where the bolt was incomplete.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good side mount scope base?

Went in to pick up my receiver today and sure enough it is missing the bolt parts as well.

That sucks. Give them a call and they will mail you out this kit:
<broken link removed>

They also wanted the number of the person who packed the shipment (should be a small paper with "packed by" and a number on it). Guess someone is gonna get fired.

I also went with this side rail mount:
<broken link removed>

I own a lot of Midwest stuff and have never been unhappy with it. I'll probably follow suit.

I guess I'll have to wait to hassle PSA about the parts as I was not able to bring the parts home with me. As happens about 90% of the time with me I got a delay. Probably won't be able to grab the stuff till Monday

I own a lot of Midwest stuff and have never been unhappy with it. I'll probably follow suit.

I guess I'll have to wait to hassle PSA about the parts as I was not able to bring the parts home with me. As happens about 90% of the time with me I got a delay. Probably won't be able to grab the stuff till Monday

Give them a call so you are not waiting for parts. They didnt need any proof, the guy had my account pulled up and had the part on order for me within 30 seconds of calling

I got an awesome ammo storage device today. It looks nothing like a Romanian 75 round drum mag.:cool: Quite clever as well. pop the lid, store all the ammo, close the lid and wind it up. Just like a gumball machine it pops out a bullet when ever I want one. I think I'll keep it on the wall for easy boolit dispensing.

My rear sight was put on correctly.

edited out the bolt catching part. I just need my bolt parts and put a few hundred rounds through it before I decide the bolt is sticking.....

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads