JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
scope mount is very nice. Quick release as well

WF5yIgO.jpg

image.jpeg

You where right, worried about nothing as far as assembly. my bolt sticks quite badly as well, I wonder if it's because the bolt parts are not in place and it allows it to go farther forward that it should? Mine was also missing the two button screws that hold the forearm in place. I suppose I'll have to harass Magpul about those.

My second receiver should be in tomorrow and the MOE parts kit on Thursday. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will have the bolt parts

Oh and I couldn't get the front sight together. The little cylinder would not go in the housing. I tapped on it quite hard and it simply would not go from either side either way. Am I missing something there?

Oh and I couldn't get the front sight together. The little cylinder would not go in the housing. I tapped on it quite hard and it simply would not go from either side either way. Am I missing something there?

It needs to be very snug since any lateral movement is how you adjust windage. you can get a adjustment tool / mini press like this (though it might not be wide enough for installation)
http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...ols/sks-ak-47-front-sight-tool-prod25892.aspx

or do what I did and use a dremel with a a small cylindrical diamond bit and take a very small amount off the inside of the opening until it pounds in but is still very tight. /giggity

Just a FYI, I ordered one of those little front sight clamp/press things and they will not open enough to install the cylinder, only enough to make adjustments once it's in place. I ended up just pushing it in with my hydraulic press.

@bolus

in the pic of your rifle, can you tell me if there is any way that you could mount one of the magpul rail sections to the top of the handguard?

thanks
View attachment 259517

Not with this handguard unless you plan on drilling holes in the plastic. Even that would probably hit the gas tube underneath

I'd recommend getting a dedicated rail replacement for the upper handguard like this

https://www.primaryarms.com/UltiMAK_M2B_AK_47_Forward_Optic_Mount_w_Vent_p/ultimak m2-b.htm

Ultimak%20M2-B-2.jpg

ya, looked at the ultimak mount, just trying to go the cheap route' on my underfolder since its not the best platform for an optic. thought about something like that or the midwest when i have a nice full stock rifle :cool:

ya, looked at the ultimak mount, just trying to go the cheap route' on my underfolder since its not the best platform for an optic. thought about something like that or the midwest when i have a nice full stock rifle :cool:

How about a rear site replacement. It would be a very simple exchange

<broken link removed>

I got my bolt parts today. They did require fitting.

The extractor pin was quite tight. It has to be pounded into the bolt so that the firing pin retaining pin goes over the top of it. I had to pound it in hard enough that I fear I'll never get it out.

The firing pin was also binding on its retaining pin. If the firing pin is stuck, then slam fires are possible. Here is the position of the bolt parts from WOG (bolt is hidden) and the arrow shows where it is binding

CnoAKvr.png

When the pin is pulled out you can see where it is binding with those 2 scratches
9Axj9Ip.jpg

S0 I took off a tiny bit of metal ~10,000th with a diamond bit.
rDSjaCQ.jpg

now with the pin back it, it can move freely.

These sure seem a little touchy considering they can be built in caves by opium drugged tribesmen with rocks and empty 100 mm shells for tools.

I dont mind it too much. Since I rather it need a little fitting instead of too loose. But that may influence someone wanting to buy a kit vs ordering a pre-built rifle. Though they did not really plan on having people build their own bolt.

So where the bolt parts suppose to come with the build kit or the barreled receiver? I got my second build kit today and no bolt parts. I have not gone down to pick up the receiver as I have a .22 rifle on order too and figured I would be better off paying one transfer fee.

These sure seem a little touchy considering they can be built in caves by opium drugged tribesmen with rocks and empty 100 mm shells for tools.

Just about any firearm would need some fitting to be assembled from parts, its normal and expected and I dont think a reflection on the quality.

People who assemble AR's seem to think that's the way everything is, its not. They are the weird one, everything else for the most part needs a bit of lovin most likely.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top