JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon State Senator Floyd Prozanski told the media today that he is giving up on his current gun control bill designed to prevent the mentally ill from being able to buy guns. The reason he gave was that the proposed new law is simply too complex to get through the ultra short 2016 legislative session.

He is thus going to hold off on his proposal, and wait for the much longer 2017 legislative session.

Does anyone know if there will be a decent pro-gun opponent running against Prozanski in this year's election? Or will he be unopposed in the coming election?

<broken link removed>

Well, since a recall effort against Prozanski just narrowly failed recently ( under rather suspicious circumstances ), I sure would hope that there would be an alternative candidate that people could vote for in November who would be gun friendly.

But I have not seen anything in the news said about this. At least so far.

Oh, dog gone it. I just checked. Prozanski is in the State Senate, and not the House.

He is not up for re-election this year. That means he is coming back in 2017!! :eek:

Floyd_Prozanski2.jpg

Last Edited:
that's why we get those hijos de puta out of the house in 2016

It is the State Senate where the Democrats gained the extra seats in the last election two years ago that tipped the balance of power. If just two Senate seats could be flipped from Democrat to Republican, then it would become possible to stop new gun control legislation.

But the two seats that were just lost don't come up for re-election again until 2018. :(

I fear that the plan in Salem will be to @&*%$$* gun owners royally in 2017.

The really scary thing is that the Democrats only need to get ONE more seat in the Senate, and they will then have a super majority in both houses, and be able to pass any tax increases that they want.

Just one State Senate election this year could result in a flood of new taxes coming in 2017.

I wonder if they would try a gun and ammunition tax next?

Make sure you sign the Oregon "No Fake Emergencies" petition so we can get that measure on the ballot for November 2016. It may give us the ability to repeal some of the crap coming in 2017.

Very good point. Are there any locations in the Eugene/Springfield area where one can sign that?

If that could get on the ballot and be past by the voters, it might be our only chance to be able to fight this stuff next year.

Very good point. Are there any locations in the Eugene/Springfield area where one can sign that?

If that could get on the ballot and be past by the voters, it might be our only chance to be able to fight this stuff next year.

download, sign with the exact name on your voter registration, mail in
<broken link removed>

It will be back in February of 2017. I think the reason they dropped the big gun control push this year was not the short session - it's because it's an election year and when they pushed UBC there was a good outcry. If they push harder this year - they could've wound up loosing a lot of the legislative seats, the governor, secretary of state, etc. They want to keep Oregon blue.

Unless the jokers get voted out in November, 2017 will be the big show for gun control in Oregon. The rest of the country might go further right, while Oregon and Washington follow California off the deep end of liberalism.

Until this session is over, I won't believe this bill is gone. But if it is, we can be absolutely certain it will be back in 2017. This November it is so critical that we overturn their majority in the house and senate. Please talk to every single gun owner you know and encourage them to place gun rights at the very top of their voting priorities this year.

Is Prozanski up for re-election this year? If so, I hope the folks in his district are smart enough to send him down the road. Val Hoyle and a few others would be good too.

From the Eugene Red-Guard article:

"Opponents, including most vocally the Oregon Firearms Federation, characterized the bill as a "Soviet-style" policy that would lead "unqualified people" to make "anonymous accusations" of mental illness against people, with no burden of proof."

Good on ya, Kevin!

For those wanting to know which gun rights organization to join, this is about as clear an endorsement as you could want.

http://oregonfirearms.org

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR