JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Floyd has not given up. The bill is back on for Feb. 10. see new thread

You are very confused, and mixing up different legislation that are in different house of the Oregon State Legislature.

We have been talking in this thread about Prozanksi's bill in the Senate, which he authored and is the chief sponsor of. That bill is Senate Bill 1551, which he has tabled.

That Oregon House of Representatives Bill 4147 that you referred to has nothing whatsoever to do with Prozanski. He is a Senator in the State Senate.

HB 4147's chief sponsor is House Majority Leader Jennifer Williamson.

Proud member and supporter of Oregon Firearms Federation!

If you've supported OFF as you say, then you know good and well how easy it is to have a one on one conversation with Kevin. Please, please speak up with ideas and plans and not just grumble about it. We need to be supporting each other.

I agree. When PSU Students for Concealed Carry was asked to meet with a police officer from the university, what did we do? We contacted OFF immediately. Kevin returned our phone call in less than 2 hours and sent an e-mail. He assured us that our student club has the full backing from OFF in case any legal issues come up with the university. Amazing! The support from OFF is huge. I can't speak positively enough about them to anyone that will listen.

Last Edited:
It is the State Senate where the Democrats gained the extra seats in the last election two years ago that tipped the balance of power. If just two Senate seats could be flipped from Democrat to Republican, then it would become possible to stop new gun control legislation.

But the two seats that were just lost don't come up for re-election again until 2018. :(

I fear that the plan in Salem will be to @&*%$$* gun owners royally in 2017.

The really scary thing is that the Democrats only need to get ONE more seat in the Senate, and they will then have a super majority in both houses, and be able to pass any tax increases that they want.

Just to rant on what I've said before. There are few seats actually "up for grabs" party-wise. A couple of blue seats with a Betsy Johnson type pro gun Democrat would turn the tide. Sometimes good candidates just need to be asked and supported. This goes for both Senate and House.

Why do the democrats have an unstoppable majority?
I'd like to know how it was that Senator Diane Rosenbaum (SD-21) decided not to run and just basically hand the senate seat off to Kathleen Taylor. No one was in the democrat primary against her and no republicans were registered. It looks like corrupt backroom politics to me.

Why do the democrats have an unstoppable majority?
I'd like to know how it was that Senator Diane Rosenbaum (SD-21) decided not to run and just basically hand the senate seat off to Kathleen Taylor. No one was in the democrat primary against her and no republicans were registered. It looks like corrupt backroom politics to me.
I don't think it's as much corruption but more of a shortage of people willing to run for office. Possibly people unwilling to run against them in a Democratic stronghold. Remember that Bloomberg is pumping money into the Oregon Democratic party. Tough to fight against big money when you don't have the backing or the will of the people in certain districts. Would be like a liberal coming into this forum and expecting us to support their anti 2A agenda. Just a waste of time and effort.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top