JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
anyone have any experience with this brand lock ?

Proven Industries 2178 Lock
Proven-Industries-Lock-2.jpg
  • Versatile to fit most couplers available
  • Easy to install and use
  • Can protect your trailer theft
  • Bolt cutter proof construction
  • Weather resistance

• Expensive

Proven Industries has been around for years, and since then, it has been a trusted lock manufacturer. It supplies RV and trailer owners with excellent hitch locks with the excellence in performance and construction that customers are looking for.
The Proven Industries lock is a reliable product available in the category. It is by a top brand committed to offer the finest coupler locks in order to secure your safety chains.
The 2178 lock is one of their popular offerings for its versatility to fit different couplers available now. With it, you can rest assured you're using a dependable travel trailer lock that you can use in securing your travel trailer.
You can also check it out if you want a reliable lock to fit your camper and travel trailer. It the ultimate choice for travel trailer owners that want protection against theft, ensuring the security of their vehicle.
Also, you can rely on it if you're looking to secure safety chains without any problems. I also liked that it is made of one-fourth inch of steel construction, enhancing its durability.
It is also made with a black powder coat finish, ensuring its heavy-duty performance against the weather elements. You can also have peace of mind that the trailer wheel lock is bolt cutter proof to keep it protected and secured from theft.
On the cons, the product is expensive, but then, it is with solid features and durable performance. Check it out if you're looking for a tough performing hitch lock that delivers.

Had never heard of them but watched a video of them showing how to break open cheaper ones. Does "look" like that thing is tough. For that price I guess it better be. If I had a trailer worth some bucks? I could see paying for one of those.

That lock probably works better than the lock my friend left at home after burrowing my old trailer. It got stolen the night he returned it to me without my lock. This one look very nice and I could use a couple of them now.

The Lockpicking Lawyer like it and he's pretty picky. *

* Yes, I know what I said. :D
Interesting video. Looks like if you know what to do picking is not hard at all. As he mentions of course would be a little harder laying on your back to get under the thing. Good info on doing something to make the coupler harder to get off too so you don't find your trailer gone with the coupler still there lock intact.

Interesting video. Looks like if you know what to do picking is not hard at all. As he mentions of course would be a little harder laying on your back to get under the thing. Good info on doing something to make the coupler harder to get off too so you don't find your trailer gone with the coupler still there lock intact.
He makes it look easy. The technique may be obvious once you've seen it but getting the feel for what's happening inside the lock takes a while. All I've ever tried is combination locks. Even the pathetically cheap ones take some practice.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top