JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So what I'm going to do seems basic, but I have yet to venture into blueing.
Ok I have a savage model 64 my wifeand I bought together years ago.
long story short it's her favorite rifle but it been scratched, dinged, sock has been rubbed on rocks, and it sat behind the seat of a pickup for the last year and accumulated bad surface rust.
(Cheap beater gun)
But the wife loves it, so my plans are to sand the marks out of synthetic stock tare down degrease strip rust and blueing, re blue action and barrel and paint (plasti dip) stock and scope purple.
I want to sup rise her with it, she doesn't want me to buy, or spend any more money on firearms for her is the reason of cheap doll up.
any tips on cheap ways to improve the outcome of this rifle would be great thanks.
(Sorry using talk to text)

Hey netcarrier.
guess know one else was interested in this project.
so I headed into it like a bLind bat.
I completely disassembled the gun, used a cold bluing kit I found, stripped degreased it, and polished it with a drill atachment.
I swab bed each component and rinced repeat, tI'll I found the blueing to be dark, and gorgeous to my eyes.
was very surprised with myself.
used a buffing block for blemishes in the stock, and painted it with a krylon fast dry non stick plastic paint.
added a simons 3x9 painted to mach a cheek rest, and butler creek scope covers.
what you think? Hard to see how smooth and even the blueing is with my camera.. I apologize 14203506773141401778902.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top