JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am interested in locating a gunsmith in the greater Southwest Washington area who has experience working with AKs and would be able to provide their services for a nascent SBR project. I have a Zastava M92 pistol of recent manufacture which I have lined up to convert into an underfolder setup with surplus Yugo parts. Zastava produced these pistols with such conversions in mind, as they left the factory with a virgin UF rear trunnion installed.

Prior to acquiring a stamp, I wanted to see what my regional options are. Does anyone have recommendations for a gunsmith who could handle this kind of work (ensuring correct angle for the yugo hardware on an M92, etc.)? Many thanks in advance.

underfolder_comparison_2.jpg

Thanks much for the rec. I'm leery about cross-border travel of a so-called "assault weapon" in post-AWB WA, but I'll need to read up on possible provisions for gunsmithing/repair.
I hear ya, he is a class 3 or maybe it's 7? I get all that stuff mixed up.. I've seen his builds.. and with an M92 I can't imagine anyone better. But I fully understand the across state lines apprehension.

Its alright. You pop it in the mail and I , or any other shop doing the work, sends it back directly to you. Doing one today.

And I am an 07/02 SOT. As long as you have the approved form 1 not a problem. I have NOS stocks in stock if you need one too.

Its alright. You pop it in the mail and I , or any other shop doing the work, sends it back directly to you. Doing one today.

And I am an 07/02 SOT. As long as you have the approved form 1 not a problem. I have NOS stocks in stock if you need one too.

@wired thanks much, its refreshing to see an UF conversion as an a-la-carte item!

Last Edited:

I'm looking for the same thing. Does this need to be shipped to you from an FFL? I don't see the FAQ on the website anymore

Rifles dont need to be shipped by anything fancy and if you SBR'd it and have paperwork back to that effect it is now a rifle albeit a short barreled on. Post office or common carrier. If you do want to send it to me I need a copy of your form 1 and the brace needs to be on the gun. Are you doing an underfolder?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top